What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FAVOURITE JERSEY (not team ness) FROM THE 80'S

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
What is your favourite jersey from yesteryear? (80's)

I loved the jets jersey even though they didn't get to see much of the 80's and i liked the Sharks back then as well.

Go The Dolphins

Juniors
brisbanes first jersey was really good,
Canterburys 80s jersey was a good one.
other worthy of a mention is the parra 86 and manly 86-92 jersey

<<< This one.

In fact all of the one's from the 80's were great. Simple designs... they actually looked like football jumpers instead of some of the weird things teams wear these days. ie storm.

BuffaloRules

Coach
There were some great jerseys from the 80's, but one I think really sucked was the Souths jersey on the early 80's....

The old Mintees wrapper jersey that had too much white in it....

Their traditional jersey is much better in my opinion....

Canberra's first jersey was a bit ordinary to.... the green was very light.....

Choppies

Coach
I dont reall have a fav they were all kick-ass

If I had to pick one it would be Balmain followed by Parra and the Bulldogs

Bengal

Juniors
The Norths, Wests, St George, Cronulla, Manly and Parramatta jerseys of the early 80's. The Kangaroo's jersey was also an awesome sight although I'm well used to it now.
Coming from rah rah country when I first clapped my eyes on these jerseys, actually all Australian League jerseys in general I was blown away!
When a friend of mine brought a Parra jersey back home (after holidaying in Oz) and wore it to school he was (almost) treated like a god, such was the rarity of an Australian Rugby League jersey back then.

choc_soldier

Coach
chocsoldier.JPG

;-)

greeneyed

First Grade
Any Raiders jersey was amazing. Green. blue, gold and white... the flags looked awesome too.

Goldthorpe

Bench
St George with PENFOLDS as there sponsor, with #7 on the back ;)
Wests away (white with black V) early 90's
Canberra away (mainly white with Video Ezy as there sponsor)

I would pay money for these jerseys

Latest posts