What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite moment not involving your team.

Hutty1986

Immortal
I dont think I've ever cheered so loudly for another team as i cheered on the sharks in that 2016 GF. Mainly because i knew all too well the pain their fans had felt in big games in previous years.
The absolute delirium from their long-suffering fans...the fact Gal had won a comp...and of course the fact they beat the Melbourne filth to do it, with all their f**kwit qlderps on the team.

I was happy for souffs in 2014 as well, but it was a lot harder to cheer for a side with scumbags like Inglis in it.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
images

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
13th August 1988
Balmain V Brisbane

Leichhardt Oval

Winner plays finals loser is gone.

Brisbane fail to make the finals first season.

Was there with my Dad, we had an on going argument as I maintained the competition was harder than the QLDers thought, he thought their class would win out. Was a quite yet satisfying drive home.

Last edited:

King hit

Coach

13th August 1988
Balmain V Brisbane

Leichhardt Oval

Winner plays finals loser is gone.

Brisbane fail to make the finals first season.

Was there with my Dad, we had an on going argument as I maintained the competition was harder than the QLDers thought, he thought their class would win out. Was a quite yet satisfying drive home.

Balmain were also the first team to beat the Broncos in the winfield cup

King hit

Coach
I dont think I've ever cheered so loudly for another team as i cheered on the sharks in that 2016 GF. Mainly because i knew all too well the pain their fans had felt in big games in previous years.
The absolute delirium from their long-suffering fans...the fact Gal had won a comp...and of course the fact they beat the Melbourne filth to do it, with all their f**kwit qlderps on the team.

I was happy for souffs in 2014 as well, but it was a lot harder to cheer for a side with scumbags like Inglis in it.

I was there that day in 2016. I had always wanted to see the grand final no matter who was in it and decided to head down for a 5 day holiday. It was a high quality contest that went down to the last play and seeing those Cronulla fans who would've been 80 years old crying with joy was really touching, you could just feel the emotion and couldn't help but get involved as well as neutral. Loved the magnificent photos of Gallen/Ettinghausen and Fifita lying under the posts were he delivered the most important moment of his career.

These were my seats that day

14572786_697257817089008_1653516129435992757_n.jpg

14479592_697257837089006_4129316263054807943_n.jpg

14495473_697257840422339_7540898279954422886_n.jpg

Pedge1971

First Grade
This has probably been done all before...

Beave posted some pics of that 2015 GF try between broncos and Cowboys.
That has to be one of my favourite footy moments.

Got me thinking about big plays that didn’t involve my team.
Darren Albert scoring had to be up there.
Hayne carving up the dragons in that semi at oki

Cameron Smith sin bin. 2018 v Cronulla at Shark Park. Be remembered forever.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Tigpies beating Saints in 2005 prelim was glorious aswell

I had a mates wedding that night so couldn’t go to the game. Reception was in cronulla so I ducked out to northies to watch the last 20 mins or so. Deadset felt like I was in the heart of Balmain, every single person in the place was cheering the Tigers like they were the Sharks.

Onto the original question, Souths getting kicked out in 1999.