What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite Movies

Hi all;

Favourite movies of all time - top 3.

Flying High
The Hangover
Once Were Warriors

What are yours ??...

Big Pete

Referee
It's A Wonderful Life (1946) - Timeless movie with a number of iconic scenes, absolutely a must watch around this time of year and all round fun movie.

Big Fish (2003) - Celebrates the art of tall stories in such a tender, warm way. Ewan McGregor is a fine actor and is wonderfully engaging as Edward Bloom. With a number of spectacular set pieces and wayward characters it's definitely right up there as a personal favourite.

Ghost (1990) - Seriously!

Apey

Staff member
Hard to think of my fav 3 but these ones would be up there..

Good Will Hunting
A Beautiful Mind
Shawshank Redemption

elyod138

Bench
Sorry, I need 4. In no particular order.

American Psycho
Lost In Translation
Buffalo '66
Blade Runner (The Final Cut)

Cupid Stunt

The Blues Brothers
(Daylight)
Snatch
Shaun Of The Dead

As has been mentioned, this could change on any day between a half dozen others.

Jackie Brown & Pulp Fiction spring immediately to mind.

Ausguy

Coach
so so many...

top gun
the green mile
the bone collector

3 from when i was a kid...
the silver streak
smokey and the bandit
convoy

RedVDave

First Grade
Hi all;

Favourite movies of all time - top 3.

Flying High
The Hangover
Once Were Warriors

What are yours ??...

Great movie!
Have you seen the sequel though? If not check out "What becomes of the broken hearted" it's a classic for mine.

-I'll add Snatch, Shawnshank Redemption and The Golden Child (loved that movie when I was a kid).

azzah72

Bench
As a kid:
The Last Star Fighter
The Wizard
Hook

Now:

Hmmm...

Chasing Amy
Memento
um.... sh*t i dunno
i can't split american beauty, american history x, any of the first 3 star wars, the first 3 IJ movie's or forrest gump.

(and there still snatch, lock stock, the departed, LA confidential, Reservoir Dogs, Good will Hunting, truman show)

Last edited:
Great movie!
Have you seen the sequel though? If not check out "What becomes of the broken hearted" it's a classic for mine.

-I'll add Snatch, Shawnshank Redemption and The Golden Child (loved that movie when I was a kid).

I must be the only person who doesn't think "What becomes of the broken hearted?" is as good as its hype it doesn't even come close to "Once were warriors" IMO it was pretty boring. Sonny was just dumb I felt nothing for the character like I did for Nig, Grace and Boogie from OWW. Only the great performance from Temuera Morrison as Jake and the bald gang member saved the film for me.

I must be the only person who doesn't think "What becomes of the broken hearted?" is as good as its hype it doesn't even come close to "Once were warriors" IMO it was pretty boring. Sonny was just dumb I felt nothing for the character like I did for Nig, Grace and Boogie from OWW. Only the great performance from Temuera Morrison as Jake and the bald gang member saved the film for me.

Have to agree...not a big fan of broken hearted.

OWW is a great movie simply because it portrayed the harsh reality of ganglife and domestic violence in NZ (not a good thing IMO).