What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

speedster

Juniors
Devonte vaotuua was their best young SG ball forward,they are not happy,tough luck,its our turn
He will fill out over the next few years - he's already solid but he hasn't finished growing obviously. He looks like a very mobile front rower that is very hard to handle, has a step and jink and can offload in heavy traffic - at his current junior grade. Highlights can be deceiving but you can see this guy is no frills and loads of potential.

ADAM_SMITH

Juniors

I don't think the club will be too worried about this. And while it's not the best sign, I'm not too worried either. Wait and see until he gets here. We can't be stressing about his form right now. He may have mentally checked out? Who knows?
As a halfback if you get dropped you lose alot of confidence.

Then it becomes a downward spiral of trying too hard to get back to where you are.

I hope he can rediscover some form and confidence over there because if he comes here as a reserve grade half he will get eaten alive and wont even make it out a year and will be asking for a release saying his homesick.

callmack1

Staff member

Jeezus. I had so much respect for Reynolds, even after he left. But honestly, that respect has started to wane in quite a big way and shit like this just drives that feeling home even more.

I get why he'd be a little bitter, I get that. But we are his childhood club and his junior club. The club he played most of his career at, the club he made his name at. To hear him disrespect us like that is pretty rough.

Fine to have those feeling privately, but don't go blabber about it in the media, that's pretty poor form.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Jeezus. I had so much respect for Reynolds, even after he left. But honestly, that respect has started to wane in quite a big way and shit like this just drives that feeling home even more.

I get why he'd be a little bitter, I get that. But we are his childhood club and his junior club. The club he played most of his career at, the club he made his name at. To hear him disrespect us like that is pretty rough.

Fine to have those feeling privately, but don't go blabber about it in the media, that's pretty poor form.
We are all human and feel emotions if I was in his shoes if it was my career and I wanted to play for the club for life my junior club and I was the Captain at 30 years old and also a premiership winning halfback I wouldn’t just be a bit bitter I’d be furious and very bitter over a one year deal only so I’m not shocked that’s how he felt at the time and for the first half of the year after he left. A lot would’ve been said behind the scenes too etc behind closed doors it would only be normal to be angry we are all human at the end of the day. This does not make me think of Reyno any less for all he did for our club and then we put our faith in Ilias and it backfired and now we have gone to market for Dodd as Wayne wanted a halfback if he were to come back. I told you all back then Ilias wasn’t the answer and here we are.

I wish all the best for Adam and I still like to see him playing well. I do not wish injury or bad luck on any player. He gave me memories over his decade at Souths that will stay with me forever also many memories guys like Sam Burgess and Issac Lpuke gave me. I can only wish for the best for all these guys.

He is still a Rabbitohs legend nothing will change that regardless of what anyone says. And I do not think his mates left in our current side would not begrudge of him of how he felt in the first half of 2022.

He is a legend who also funded his own trip to come down to Kyle Turner tribute thingy to support Kyle and his mates and support a good cause and all the donations to the Turner family etc……… yep bang on now that’s a f**king legend in my eyes!

BradS

Juniors
Let’s not beat around the bush, Reyno was offered 1 year based on injury concerns. He should have understood the situation GI and Sam put the salary cap under only a year before and if he was a team man, he would have understood that if he got injured then it would not screw the club for 3 years

he chose not to back himself and take the easy money. Words are nothing as he is judged by his actions

he can be a donkey for life as far as I’m concerned but that’s just my opinion

speedster

Juniors
We should have offered our club captain 2 years. That wasn't too much of a stretch. Abysmal decision but it's old news. I can understand his resentment. He's an honest dude.

Meanwhile, word is the Dolphins are trying to clear a spot in their squad to include TPJ for next year and beyond after the form he has shown in recent weeks. No word on whether Souths have made an offer as yet.

We are all human and feel emotions if I was in his shoes if it was my career and I wanted to play for the club for life my junior club and I was the Captain at 30 years old and also a premiership winning halfback I wouldn’t just be a bit bitter I’d be furious and very bitter over a one year deal only so I’m not shocked that’s how he felt at the time and for the first half of the year after he left. A lot would’ve been said behind the scenes too etc behind closed doors it would only be normal to be angry we are all human at the end of the day. This does not make me think of Reyno any less for all he did for our club and then we put our faith in Ilias and it backfired and now we have gone to market for Dodd as Wayne wanted a halfback if he were to come back. I told you all back then Ilias wasn’t the answer and here we are.

I wish all the best for Adam and I still like to see him playing well. I do not wish injury or bad luck on any player. He gave me memories over his decade at Souths that will stay with me forever also many memories guys like Sam Burgess and Issac Lpuke gave me. I can only wish for the best for all these guys.

He is still a Rabbitohs legend nothing will change that regardless of what anyone says. And I do not think his mates left in our current side would not begrudge of him of how he felt in the first half of 2022.

He is a legend who also funded his own trip to come down to Kyle Turner tribute thingy to support Kyle and his mates and support a good cause and all the donations to the Turner family etc……… yep bang on now that’s a f**king legend in my eyes!

Hey r20 ilias is aiming up to play at souths for season 2025 no club wants him reyno is still giggling his head off.

Let’s not beat around the bush, Reyno was offered 1 year based on injury concerns. He should have understood the situation GI and Sam put the salary cap under only a year before and if he was a team man, he would have understood that if he got injured then it would not screw the club for 3 years

he chose not to back himself and take the easy money. Words are nothing as he is judged by his actions

he can be a donkey for life as far as I’m concerned but that’s just my opinion

Since reyno left souths i was hoping reyno would get injured i was hoping he would get injured in his last game last week too which was sadly not to be.reyno said he was hoping souths would not play well and keep losing I hope you get injured soon reyno and that you keep losing too.gee whiz I loved seeing reyno's face last year as he sat on his haunches when cleary scored the winning grand final try what a pearler that was that was gold reyno enjoy son you had your chance to stay at souths but you decided to leave that was your decision and nobody else's!!! Reyno was injury prone so the donkeys took the gamble and its back fired ever since many donkey fans that I have met they want him gone becoz he is always injured i always hope the donkeys miss the 8 they cheat the cap just like the rorters + the purple puke do.i always hope that these 3 cheating clubs miss the 8 always but the nrl turn a blind eye.

Latest posts