What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite song

O

ozbash

legend, i always suspected you were a headbanger. bet you like AC/DC as well
emwink.gif

bomber excellent taste in music, midnight oil is my all time favourite ozband, cold chisel next.
bronco, yuck, yuck, yuck. bloody disgusting stuff.

now, real music.
#1 pink floyd-comfortably numb or learning to fly -actually anything floydian
#2 john lennon-imagine
#3 bob dylan-jokerman
#4 split enz-6 months in a leaky boat
#5 midnight oil-put down that weapon
#6 pet shop boys-any of their songs (loud)
#7 neil diamond-jonathon livingston seagull
#8 lynard skynard-freebird
#9 jimmy barnes/chisell-khe sanh
#10 wham-turn a different corner ?

imported_Yaqona

Juniors
My all-time favourite song even though I'm a Broncos fan: Eye Of The Tiger by Survivor. Grew up listening to Guns n Roses, Metallica, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Aerosmith, Midnight Oil, INXS, Pet Shop Boys, Genesis, etc. I like Nirvana and at the moment, I'm into a bit of Rammstein.

Tigger, Iknow Neil Young's Heart Of Gold.

imported_bronco

Juniors
Ozbash your music collection would leave me mentally and and physically scared for life. Different strokes for old fuddy duddy folks, isn't that how that old saying goes?

Yaquona - Now rammstien is a classy band, even for a bunch of wacky Germans.

Cheers
bronco

L

legend

Ozbash, care to explain number 10 and yes I do enjoy AC/DC. What other band can sound so good by only playing a few different chords for every song. Bloody geniuses. Big Balls, what a great song. Has anyone heard put down that stubbie by Austen Teyshus? Funny stuff.

B

Bomber

My brother has an AC/DC Live CD - great stuff. I now laugh whenever I hear their studio stuff (the 'oi's on TNT for example)

I remember as a young 'un really liking Crowded House, in particular Chocolate Cake, Don't Dream It's Over and I can't remember the name of the song, but it goes like this:

Everywhere you gooooooo..........you always take the weather with you

Can't remember the bloody title!

I'm begining to think it all comes down to what you heard when you were young. I, along with a handful of mates, were born to parents who liked the pub atmosphere (when kids were accepted!) & grew up on late 60's to mid 80's music. Bands like Chisels, Led Zep, Hendrix, The Angels, Bowie, Joplin, The Who, Sex Pistols, George Thorogood & the Destroyers, Talking Heads& others of the same ilk. We all seem to have carried this on. The other side of the coin see's friends who's parents listened to more tame stuff & consequently they seem more adept/accepting to grasp newer music. Thats not to say I dont like anything beyond 70 to mid 80's, just that I think that was a classic era that will never be surpassed.

The first 2 concerts I went to were Narara 83 & 84 when I was 8 & 9 respectivly. In 83 The Angels put on a performance that has still left me reeling till this day. I've seen them since but never have they compared to that day.And 83 was Chisels string of "Last Stand" shows. Absoloute classic! Shame we dont have open shows like that anymore.

G@v

Juniors
There's nothing around today that makesme sit up and think WOW! Where did that come from?The 'Indie' sound oftoday is recycled late 70's early 80's! I did like punk and before that Bowie, but I've always been into black music, especially the rare soul sounds of the 60's.

imported_Yaqona

Juniors
Bomber, the song is called Weather With You from the album Woodface. Chocolate Cake is from that album too.

Don't Dream It's Over is from the self-titled album...their first one.

TheSaint

Juniors
My favourite song is a toss up between "Whatever" and "Slide Away" by Oasis.

My music taste is a little wierd for a 20 year old.

My Favourite band is Oasis, there has never been and never will be an act that can better them. Musically infalable, except for Liams song "Little James". I love every song, every album, and especially their B'sides. My favourite album is the Masterplan which was a colletcion of B'sides.

Now all the unenlightened have written off my taste in music, positions 2-10 in my list of favouite bands would have to be with my favourite album by that particular group in brackets:

2). The Clash(Give 'em Enough Rope)
3) Led Zepplin (Four)
4). The Beatles (Revolver)
5). The Doors (LA Woman)
6) Pink Floyd (Darkside Of The Moon)
7). Blur (Modern Life Is Rubish)
8). The Living End (Living End)
9). U2 (Auctung Baby)
10). Foo Fighters (The Colour and The Shape).

notableommisions Midnight Oil and the Verve

O

ozbash

emthup.gif
gav, i can see it now. union jack waist coat, shaved head, doc martins and alexi blaring from the ghetto blaster
"hello gav,got a new mo tor"

emwink.gif

O

ozbash

yes, i confess, i like george michael and freddy merc and franky goes to hollywood.
shame,shame

L

legend

I wonder if Gav was an extra on lock, stock and two smoking barrells. A great pommy film and farkin funny too. I used to love time bandits, another great pommy classic.

imported_bronco

Juniors
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Queen. Now what a great band they were, produced some dead set classics and were my favourite band for years until i grew out of that music but still some songs that will last forever.
I'm also surprised theres no michael jackson fans in hiding, not surprised its a deadly sin to follow old wacko jacko.
Legend have you seen Snatch? Another dead set classic by Guy Richie.

Cheers
bronco

T

tigger

Lock Stock was mainly filmed about 1 minutes walk from one of my mates flats in London..... The beauty of the film is that it is pretty accurate in regards to young blokes trying to get into things that are too heavy for them.... I had a few experiences in London like that,some many peopletrying tobe like Nick the Greek.... 20 dirty fingers & toesin every dirty pie in London.

Snatch was good, but Guy Ritchie will never top Lock Stock, one of those films that 'go straight to the pool room'

TheSaint

Juniors
Snatch was a better movie, but Lock Stock will be the classic because of it's originality. Apparantly there is a seven part spin off seriesairing on the ABCon Tuesdays called Lock Stock.

imported_bronco

Juniors
Who are these idiots who make these spin off series? They always kill a dead set classic. Classics are always a one off and the way sequel after sequel falls on its arse is no coincidence.
I agree that snatch was the better movie, it still follows along the lines of Lock Stock but with a better twist at the end and Brad Pitt was hilarious in it.

Cheers
bronco

Latest posts