What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite surburban ground and why?

carcharias

Immortal
shark park.
got my first blow job under the posts at the southern end .
Me and the hottest chick at school snuck in after our year 10 formal and she took the lot.

That would've been a great reason for it to be my favourite ground.
But actually I just like it because the Sharks play there,

shark park.
Me and the hottest chick at school snuck in after our year 10 formal and she took the lot.

TMI Carch, lol

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Steelers stadium...

Standing on the hill... The pacific ocean at your back.. the footy in front if you.. the illawarra escarpment in the distance...

newman

First Grade
I like em all. They all have their downsides but are awesome and we should preserve them for their uniqueness.

I also had a sexual experience at Shark Park. Rubbed some lowies cl*t on the hill at a game v Manly in the 90s. Rad times.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
shark park.

That's funny. Isn't that where Moffo gave his first blow Job?

carcharias

Immortal
I like em all. They all have their downsides but are awesome and we should preserve them for their uniqueness.

I also had a sexual experience at Shark Park. Rubbed some lowies cl*t on the hill at a game v Manly in the 90s. Rad times.

haha

reminds me .
I did that to a chick standing behind me at a Ratcat gig at the Caringbah inn a gazillion years ago.
She went home with two other blokes who gave her a haircut and took photo's of it.

betcats

Referee
haha

reminds me .
I did that to a chick standing behind me at a Ratcat gig at the Caringbah inn a gazillion years ago.
She went home with two other blokes who gave her a haircut and took photo's of it.

Hahaha, sounds like a classy chick.

carcharias

Immortal
Hahaha, sounds like a classy chick.

I couldn't believe she let me do that to her.

Then the next day I got the story about the haircut.
Actually 3 dudes ( one just took pics, he had a girlfriend ) the other 2 performed.

She was the house guest of one of the boys. Her mum and my mates mum were old friends.

...and she was alright looking too.

bloody top little sport.

rabbitohs95

Bench
I have three favourites for three different reasons;

Centrebet Stadium - great watching the game on the hill and especially at night, going back to the Penrith Leagues club to kick back and have some fun until the early hours of the morning.

North Sydney Oval - played there a few times for school footy, and man it was just an amazing place to play footy and just be, and watching the other grades play, you can feel the history there and as i've said it's just an amazing field.

Redfern Oval - Well the Redfern Oval now anyway, great place to kick the footy around with mates, always good to watch the Bunnies train during the off season and great to go to with family and friends to watch the annual Return to Redfern game, always a cracker and good to see new up and coming players. Rich with history.

newman

First Grade
haha

reminds me .

Uni was great. I got a wristy while standing watching a band TWICE (once whenmachine gun fellatio was playing)

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Most of the ones I have been to are pretty good when theyre almost to capacity. Especially Leichhardt.

My second visit was in 2001 and the Eels put on a performance like Ive never seen before. They smashed the Tigers by 60 points in front of 18,000 people, I sat next to the Eels fans on the hill and it was my birthday.

Centrebet is great when its packed, I never gone to a Penrith/Parra game when the crowd is under 10,000 (fortunately I didnt go to match in 1996). 1994 was a great moment, last game of the round, both teams miss the top 4, but I remember sitting close to the fence and everytime they scored I used to bang the fence. They ended up winning which was a great day, considering they really struggled at the start of the season, and won about 7 from their last 10.

Before the replaced the hill, I had some great childhood memories at Parramatta. I remember when it was packed to the rafters and we played the Dragons and came within a whisker of beating them. St George were a top side back then and Parra had struggled the previous years so in the end it was a great effort to almost beat the Dragons.

Both games were Sunday arvo matches.

Obviously I still enjoy going to Parramatta but even better when its a Sunday afternoon or Friday night when the ground is almost full.

These days I like going to the lower grades at Henson Park and Ringrose Park, sitting on the hill. Whether its a Saturday or Sunday afternoon I still enjoy going to these matches. Takes me back to the days when we went to the old Saturday/Sunday games on the hill.

Kids get to kick the football around and you can get a nice steak sandwich, sausage sandwich, meat pie or hot dog at a decent price.

Unlike the crap they dish out at the NRL matches at an expensive price.

Last edited:

Pugzley

My earliest memories of live rugby league was when my dad took the family to Credit Union Australia Stadium to watch the Penrith Panthers go against the Auckland Warriors in 1995.

Loved the atmosphere, shame my old man did not take me to Parramatta Stadium when we lived there. Might have gotten hooked watching live league and becoming more of an Eels fan.

Maybe I'll visit Parra Stadium on a Panthers Away game. ;-)