What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Features that didn't make it in the game

NPK

Bench
Mario, what were the features that you guys wanted to put into the game but couldn't due to time restrictions?

Cheers.

Mario

Juniors
That list, to some degree, would be endless. There is always more you could put into something.

There were a number of ideas (both external and internal) that were put forward on top of the original game design. Although a number didn't make it in, quite a large number did, so we are pretty happy with the final result.

Ultimately, we had to look at our list of options and weigh up the benefits of each feature to the game versus the time and resources it would take to implement it. Therefore, the important stuff with the greatest impact and a reasonable resource requirement will be in there.

Assuming we get the chance to do a sequel, then a number of those features that missed out such as set plays, kicking loose balls, jumping catches etc will have a strong chance of getting in.

Mario

Juniors
No. Franchise mode and online play were never part of our (Sidhe's) original design.

MadEaglesFan

Juniors
Hey Mario, im just wondering if there's the salary cap in the game? I havent heard much about it but im just wondering if theres a salary cap that u gotta stick to and if there is, is there player player prices? Thanx

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
its times like these i wish there was a flame thread....

first of all congratulations for raising your post count mr 1 post
2nd of all read the faq
3rd of all wat the hell do you think a franchise mode is?????

im glad i could be of service :D :D :D :D

theVodkaCircle

Juniors
Yes, actual sincere congrats on your one post, ignore the knobjockey jibes
Second of all, the FAQ is good if lengthy
Thirdly, what you were talking about had nothing to do with franchise mode, Mr Kimmorelykiller head is obviously stuck somewhere it shouldnt be.

KK, youve been no service at all. Welcome Eaglesfan.

ripper

were there ever any plans for left foot kickers??

also injuries which cause you to miss multiple games were planned to be in, but didn make it

TripleM

Juniors
theVodkaCircle said:
Yes, actual sincere congrats on your one post, ignore the knobjockey jibes
Second of all, the FAQ is good if lengthy
Thirdly, what you were talking about had nothing to do with franchise mode, Mr Kimmorelykiller head is obviously stuck somewhere it shouldnt be.

KK, youve been no service at all. Welcome Eaglesfan.

Well you weren't too helpful either, not giving the answer and all ;);)

No there is no salary cap or player trading, but you can move the players around for free as much as you want.

Actually, I think franchise mode is sorta meaning that sort of thing, where you actually manage a team and make trades and stuff. But anyway..

ripper

why werent there any left foot kickers included?? I mean I know your trying to save $$$ but isnt that going over the top??
or were there other reasons??

Also why havent you included Advantages??

Matta

Juniors
Didn't he say that they looked at what they wanted to put in and looked at wihhc ones were more important than the other, and looking at time as well, and I guess left-footers and advantages just weren't that high.

lionmaul

Juniors
Mario said:
That list, to some degree, would be endless. There is always more you could put into something.

There were a number of ideas (both external and internal) that were put forward on top of the original game design. Although a number didn't make it in, quite a large number did, so we are pretty happy with the final result.

Ultimately, we had to look at our list of options and weigh up the benefits of each feature to the game versus the time and resources it would take to implement it. Therefore, the important stuff with the greatest impact and a reasonable resource requirement will be in there.

Assuming we get the chance to do a sequel, then a number of those features that missed out such as set plays, kicking loose balls, jumping catches etc will have a strong chance of getting in.

Sounds good, those are in my top 5 things list that I would like to see in the game. Along with ball deflections like on charge downs or kicking the ball into the opposing team and regathering the ball for a new set of 6 tackles.
Cheers and Salu

ripper

oh well, looks like i wont be able to recreate myself fully :lol:

Thats wats gonna be on top of my wishlist for the next one along with Franchise Mode and Being able to play as multiple teams in a season

theVodkaCircle

Juniors
My understanding of Franchise mode is that you take control of a team and lead them through multiple years on NRL/ESL. Gaining new players from juniors and other teams and losing players through retirement and to other teams. Same as with International Cricket Captain.

And TripleM, after getting the helpful award, you gotta take a break sometime :D :D :D :D

Razor

Coach
theVodkaCircle said:
My understanding of Franchise mode is that you take control of a team and lead them through multiple years on NRL/ESL. Gaining new players from juniors and other teams and losing players through retirement and to other teams. Same as with International Cricket Captain.

Yes.

Madden and NHL have had it for several years now.

NHL 2004 also introduced a management side where you decide spending on players, development, marketing etc - and finishing with a profit at the end of the year. And also sponsorship, stadium upgrades, etc.

The management side would be great, but it took 10 years to get into NHL.

If there is a Rugby League 2004 hopefully it will contain a franchise mode, certainly not expecting a managment side yet.

theVodkaCircle

Juniors
It would be cool though to have a points system where you allocated points to defence, attack, fitness training etc which would effect stats in both a positive and negative way depending on if you focused on one area and neglected others. That kinda thing.

I really hope there isn't a rugby league 2004! just wait and release the next one in march 2005 it woud only be like 5 moths later, it would coraspond with the season and they could perfect it much more!

Forum Idiot

Bench
Jimmyson/Mullins said:
I really hope there isn't a rugby league 2004! just wait and release the next one in march 2005 it woud only be like 5 moths later, it would coraspond with the season and they could perfect it much more!
good idea. i dont think it would be possible for sidhe to release a second game in 2004 anyway. for a few reasons - 1: releasing a game after a season is LONG! over is a pretty shit idea. 2: having a second title in production for a longer period enables them to do much more, make alot of improvements and then they can release it at the beginning of a season so that the rosters are up to date. 3: look how long it took them to make this one! it was announced like 18 months ago.