What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feki's try

spider

Coach
the same foot cannot bring you back into the filed of play unless it leaves the ground altogether - which it didn't, therefore no try was the correct call

the bigger issue was the ref (Checcin i think) advising the VR to check it again - why have the VR if the on-filed ref is forcing his hand.

azzah72

Bench
It was a fair no try.

He impacted the ball from outside the field of play.

had his right foot hit the turf inside the field of play before his left his the ball then it's a try. It didn't though.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is all correct to the rules.

His back foot re-enters the field although on the sideline.Then his heel lift (now back in field) then he kicks ball...TRY

No.

Because his foot touched the line, it is still deemed as being out until it enters the field, regardless of whether he lifted his heel or not.

The right decision was made, his foot never re-entered the field.

Frailty

First Grade
As much as I would have loved to see it awarded, it wasn't a try under the rules.

Surely

Post Whore
It reentered the field alright, its clearly in the field when he contacts the ball.

Its some dumb rule that has to over complicate whether you are inor out and then rule you aren't in the field of play even though its clear as day you are.

Card Shark

Immortal
Regardless of it being a try or not, isn't Feki going well.

He has really taken the opportunity of his elevation to first grade with both hands. Hope we can keep him.

Him on 1 wing & Ryan on the other, that's not too bad for wingers , in comparison to other teams. He is left wing & Ryan is right, so I think Stapo has to go & be reserve back, unfortunately for him.

Card Shark

Immortal
It reentered the field alright, its clearly in the field when he contacts the ball.

Its some dumb rule that has to over complicate whether you are inor out and then rule you aren't in the field of play even though its clear as day you are.

His whole body was in the field of play & he isn't touching the line as he picks up the ball (only just). Technically, that's a try! :D

Poolshark

Juniors
One wonders how many in here would be so gracious to call it a no try if we had lost the game. Just another grey area of the game. Feki was in the field of play when he kicked the ball anyone with less than 6/6 vision could see that, end of story.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member

Its some dumb rule that has to over complicate whether you are in or out and then rule you aren't in the field of play even though its clear as day you are.
His heel was on the line. therefore that foot is still deemed out. It has to be raised again and placed in the field of play again to be deemed as having entered the field of play.

I will agree that it is something that needs to be changed, as its one of the old rules which was most likely invented to stop players who would kick and run out of the field of play and then score a try by diving on the ball from outside the field of play.

Make it simpler, if you are in the field of play while touching the ball, then you are in.

Re-entering the field of play is just a complication of a rule that could be simpler.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
One wonders how many in here would be so gracious to call it a no try if we had lost the game. Just another grey area of the game. Feki was in the field of play when he kicked the ball anyone with less than 6/6 vision could see that, end of story.
he was in the field of play, but as far as the game laws is concerned, his foot which touched the sideline was out of the field play and thus needed to be raised and planted in the field of play, which didn't happen.

The right decision was made.

It's a dumb rule nonetheless.

underwater

Juniors
As much as id love it to be a try, it was the right decision with no try.
If the exact same thing happened in the game but to warriors and they awarded it, i would have been spewing

Frailty

First Grade

If that Shaun Johnson pass stuck and didn't go into touch, and the Warriors clinched it, my opinion would be the same. It's the laws of the game. It may be a stupid rule, but it is what it is (and I don't want the NRL to come along and change it for the sake of changing it).

I would focus my criticism of letting the Warriors back in the game. We struggle with teams that through the ball around with purpose and forward momentum (Panthers side to side rubbish doesn't). The Broncos did it to us, the warriors did, and in the past Manly and Melbourne have both clinched games in the dying moments because of it.

It's something we need to work on.

Latest posts