What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feki's try

coolumsharkie

Referee
I didnt think it was a try tbh. Unless his kicking foot hit the turf before the ball, he's out every day of the week.

I didn't think it was a try by the replays, I did at first, but he didn't come back into the field before he kicked it, his last foot-land was out of field. Its like jumping from the field and landing in goal, line drop.

DJShaksta

First Grade
It's a tough one.
Yes his last foot land was on the line, but he had lifted his heel off the line before he kicked it.
Technically he was in the field of play when he kicked the ball.
Bit of a grey area

Crikey!!!!

Juniors
Try every day of the week.

Left the field returned when his heel lifted prior to him kicking the ball.

Not quite sure what they were looking at.

Penrose11

Juniors
Same principle as catching ball in goal for me.

If you jump from field of play n land in goal then its a drop out. If u jump from outside field of play or from on the sideline etc then u are out until you land back inside field of play. Feki didnt do that so definitely out.

Dread

Juniors
Yeah it was definitely no try under the rules. Penrose has summed it up perfectly.

Gozz

Juniors
I know I am biased being a SHarks fan, however, I looked at the replay so many times and believe when he was running back into play, the front of his foot is off the line and his heel was on the line. Move the frames a little slower forward and the heel lifts from off the line and his front of his foot is on the grass and then he kicks it. I assumed that is a try. I could be wrong though.

Meth

Staff member
Congratulations on the win.

I didn't think it was a try, but it was a bloody perfect kick from Carney and mind blowing work from Feki. Only bad luck (or good luck for us) that prevented him from scoring, really.

Crikey!!!!

Juniors
I know I am biased being a SHarks fan, however, I looked at the replay so many times and believe when he was running back into play, the front of his foot is off the line and his heel was on the line. Move the frames a little slower forward and the heel lifts from off the line and his front of his foot is on the grass and then he kicks it. I assumed that is a try. I could be wrong though.

This is all correct to the rules.

His back foot re-enters the field although on the sideline.Then his heel lift (now back in field) then he kicks ball...TRY

Surely

Post Whore
Same principle as catching ball in goal for me.

If you jump from field of play n land in goal then its a drop out. If u jump from outside field of play or from on the sideline etc then u are out until you land back inside field of play. Feki didnt do that so definitely out.

What if you jump from the field of play into ingoal and lift your heel off line before you catch the ball, leaving most of foot planted in goal ?

ratsack2

Juniors
Any other team in the NRL and that try is given, only only other team that wouldn't of been given that try would be NSW.

you cant tell me if, melbourne, manly, souths, bulldogs, tigers, score that and its a brilliant try, but when it comes to us, they give us nothing, any win we have is a good win cause we have to beat the refs and system as well, could you ever imagine it if we made the grand final against the storm we would be up against everyone

Surely

Post Whore
Was a try, foot is on the ground inside field of play before he toes ball.

He has not entered field of play and toed the ball while airborne.

Card Shark

Immortal
It's a tough one.
Yes his last foot land was on the line, but he had lifted his heel off the line before he kicked it.
Technically he was in the field of play when he kicked the ball.
Bit of a grey area

I think the same as you DJ.

I'll put this to you all:
The ref said try & check the sideline to the video ref. Did the touchie put his flag up? If not & therefore both on-field officials thought it was a try, why overturn it when it was touch & go whether he lifted his heel in time (which I have no doubt he did if it was freeze-framed).

Lucky it didnt cost us but couldve.

shaggs

Coach
Touchies have been told not to put up their flag when a try is scored.
They must refer all of those decisions to the video.