What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feleti Mateo (The Saviour)

Avenger

Immortal
This guy needs his own thread. Tonight in PL Feleti Mateo set up at least 4 tries. The guy is class and is the best damn premier league player I have ever seen. His performance tonight was OUTSTANDING. If he does not get a bench spot next week with PJ Marsh out injured I have never watched a game of Rugby League.

Avenger

Immortal
Redback71 said:
well see is he the guy that spent time in pomie land last year with the broncos

Yes. He is a f*cking animal in attack. Sublime ball skills. As Jake once said a mixture of Dymock and Smith.

Redback71

First Grade
well i bet the broncos aka harlequins wish the still had him the cause that got flogged in there last game and are not doing to well

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
avenger i hope ur right... cause morris just isnt doing it for me anymore.

we really need a classy 5/8 that can take the game by the scruff of its neck and rip it apart.. ala thurson

strider

Post Whore
Morris did throw a nice cut out to put Grothe away for that try .... BUT I've gotta say i am generally disappointed with Johnny - last year he was great and i expected it to carry on this year - but its not really happening often enough

Maybe Feleti to 5/8 ???

Avenger

Immortal
BlueNGoldBlood said:
avenger i hope ur right... cause morris just isnt doing it for me anymore.

we really need a classy 5/8 that can take the game by the scruff of its neck and rip it apart.. ala thurson

Jake has been praising this guy for ages. He is rarely wrong. I will say it again I have never seen a player dominate more in PL then Mateo. Blake Green looked good, as did Wellar Hauraki. Hayne and Inu are also something special.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
If Morrison and Robinson are out I'd say lock. tbh, I couldnt really tell who was who in PL they all played well. :D

Y2Eel

First Grade
Redback71 said:
give it time it took until round 7 or 8 last year before we kicked things off flying

i think we'll be alright this year we did show signs

Kornstar

Coach
Taia has to get a go next week if Robinson is out, he was great today, best forward on the field

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
i said it in another thread but ill say it again inu and hayne are deadset freaks in the making, the ease in which both of them play... just amazing to watch

Avenger

Immortal
BlueNGoldBlood said:
i said it in another thread but ill say it again inu and hayne are deadset freaks in the making, the ease in which both of them play... just amazing to watch

That is why they have been tied up with contracts until at least 2009, from memory.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
We all know Smithy won't change anything, he just doesn't believe in it. Stability in a team that sucks is better than changing things that don't work for him.

Avenger

Immortal
ParraDude_Jay said:
We all know Smithy won't change anything, he just doesn't believe in it. Stability in a team that sucks is better than changing things that don't work for him.

No sh*t I would sack Smith NOW!!. His sh*t is starting to wreck my weekends.

strider

Post Whore
Avenger said:
mate

I forwards besides Hindmarsh and Riddell are softc*cks.

We need new blood.

are our young forwards up to it? .... i genuinely don't know, thats why i am asking ppl who know more of them than me

I have been a bit disappointed with our forwards this yr (except hindy, morro and pig - and tsoulos has done well too) .... the rest can be good at times, but are patchy

are the PL guys really up to it? ..... jack afa looked like being the goods, then seemed to struggle when he got into the top grade .... are teh others the real deal?

Jodeci

Bench
But some people here believe Luke Burt is a star. Inu and Hayne are only 18 and they are already better then Luke Burt will ever be.

I've been saying all along, this Feleti from day one is a kid in the making. He is a natural 5/8 unlike Morris

Avenger

Immortal
strider said:
are our young forwards up to it? .... i genuinely don't know, thats why i am asking ppl who know more of them than me

I have been a bit disappointed with our forwards this yr (except hindy, morro and pig - and tsoulos has done well too) .... the rest can be good at times, but are patchy

are the PL guys really up to it? ..... jack afa looked like being the goods, then seemed to struggle when he got into the top grade .... are teh others the real deal?

Jack Afa had a top game in the front row. They are up to it. For christ sake they are undefeated in PL and have killed every side they have played.