What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feleti Mateo (The Saviour)

Kornstar

Coach
strider said:
are our young forwards up to it? .... i genuinely don't know, thats why i am asking ppl who know more of them than me

I have been a bit disappointed with our forwards this yr (except hindy, morro and pig - and tsoulos has done well too) .... the rest can be good at times, but are patchy

are the PL guys really up to it? ..... jack afa looked like being the goods, then seemed to struggle when he got into the top grade .... are teh others the real deal?

I believe Taia is up to it, we know Cordoba is and i think Mateo could fit in at lock quite well. Jack Afa is up and down, the guys i mentioned are better options IMO

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I like the look of Blake Green he plays like a halfback, he's more organised and good kicking game. He and Smtih would make a good combination, and he's a local junior as well. :D

Avenger

Immortal
Jodeci said:
But some people here believe Luke Burt is a star. Inu and Hayne are only 18 and they are already better then Luke Burt will ever be.

I've been saying all along, this Feleti from day one is a kid in the making. He is a natural 5/8 unlike Morris

When people tell me that Benny is better then Lyon I deadset get nauseas. They simply have no idea and like him because he looks like the boy next door.

Inu and Hayne are NOW better thern Burt. Even Smith has realised that Burt is a non event. It's just that it has taken him 7 years.

Y2Eel

First Grade
did burt play tonight??

so if tahu is stilll out i guess inu or hayne may get a go??

Kornstar

Coach
From what i have heard from people who played SG Ball with Burt, he smashed record after record and was so far ahead of everyone in the comp that they put him in first grade, those same people believe that starting him so young in firsts ruined him as a player as he was not ready.

Kornstar

Coach
I think both Inu and Hayne could both handle first grade, although with Benny out and Tahu injured i don't think we would have 2 inexeprienced centres, so maybe it would be

1. McKinnon
2. Petersen/Burt
3. Widders/Wagon
4. Delaney
5. Grothe

the_eel

Juniors
sounds good about Mateo...we've all been waiting quite a while to actually realise his potential. Maybe the season overseas could have been the turning point for him.

Glenn

First Grade
The dogs defence was non existant, so hard to accurately say how good his performance was, but will say he can consider himself hard done by if not given serious contention for a bench spot.

Avenger

Immortal
Our board was so smart for only signing Morris for one year. Seriously he is the worst 5/8th in the comp.

Pazza

First Grade
Morris had a hand today in some very enterprising attacking plays. We came close to beating the form side of the comp. I'm not happy with a loss but i think your the biggest drama queen on this board Avenger.

Lowey3

Juniors
He was average is super league last year with the Broncos.

Lacks defence and often tries a silly offload which does'nt come off, he also isent a 6 in a million years.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Lowey3 said:
He was average is super league last year with the Broncos.

Lacks defence and often tries a silly offload which does'nt come off, he also isent a 6 in a million years.

he's still a kid, one day when he emulates the great Tulson Tollet I bet you'll be singing his praises :roll: :lol:

Utey

Coach
Pazza said:
Morris had a hand today in some very enterprising attacking plays. We came close to beating the form side of the comp. I'm not happy with a loss but i think your the biggest drama queen on this board Avenger.

Has to be close. Morris wasnt flash but we've had worse 5/8's. Wags anyone?

Lowey3

Juniors
eelavation said:
he's still a kid, one day when he emulates the great Tulson Tollet I bet you'll be singing his praises :roll: :lol:

Is that some kind of sarcastic humour ? if so then it's gone straight over my head.

Tulson Tollet was another average Aussie in super league.

Matteo will go OK if he improves in the back row but he is never a 6, not a chance!!

Avenger

Immortal
Pazza said:

I get angry. That's all. Maybe that is what our softcock forwards should also get.

You can shove Morris up your own complacent arse.

Parraren

Bench
A few questions for those that may know....

From what I've been told, Mateo tended to go missing defensively quite a bit. I don't think playing in the Super League would have helped his defense either. Has this part of his game improved of late?

If he is ultimately going to take Morris' spot is he going to be able to cover for Johnnie's defensive workload? I think that is the big question.

Is Mateo playing at 5/8 in Prems or at Lock forward?