What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feleti Mateo (The Saviour)

Eelementary

Post Whore
Morris created Grothe's try, and he made a linebreak for Petersen with a beautiful cut-out ball.

He also made a couple of half-breaks.

He seems to be finding form again.

Utey

Coach
:LOL: Feleti - The saviour? Gimme a break. If we are resting our title challenge on him we are kidding ourselves. No doubt he has talent but how many times have we banked our hopes on kids who cant perform.

<UPtheEELS> said:
:lol: Feleti - The saviour? Gimme a break. If we are resting our title challenge on him we are kidding ourselves. No doubt he has talent but how many times have we banked our hopes on kids who cant perform.

Don't laugh to hard mate....Same thing was said about Tim Smith....Feleti will make it!! Hopefully we will be the lucky club that he makes it with.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
<UPtheEELS> said:
:lol: Feleti - The saviour? Gimme a break. If we are resting our title challenge on him we are kidding ourselves. No doubt he has talent but how many times have we banked our hopes on kids who cant perform.

Yeah, let's stick with a talent like John Morris at five-eighth because obviously that's working. He was all over Thurston last night.

:roll: :roll:

redeel

Juniors
what am I the only one who thinks Tsoulos and Stringer did have good games .soft? not from where i was sitting Stringer has become Webke like, a real no fuss hard toiler, Tsoulos had a few of the cowboys wishing they didnt take him on

btaag

Juniors
I think it is hard comparing Tim Smith to our other younger players.......I cannot recall a player with bigger raps on him than Tim Smith (ie already being mentioned as a State of Origin player this season!).
Mateo is loved by some people on this forum, and it is great to see this loyalty (I loved Jaime Lyon and Danny Sullivan when they broke into the junior grades.)

It takes time for most kids to come into first grade - I think Smith has done a good job of it over his time. Just take a look at Souths when they came back in - they signed a bunch of our good kids and all of them faded, except for Wade who promptly returned home!!!

I guess we are lucky we have so many good players in the junior ranks.:D

KevinArnold

Juniors
what am I the only one who thinks Tsoulos and Stringer did have good games .soft?

Nope, I thought Tsoulos had an above average game. Good in attack and defense. Some good hits and made metres with all runs.

Utey

Coach
ParraDude_Jay said:
Yeah, let's stick with a talent like John Morris at five-eighth because obviously that's working. He was all over Thurston last night.

:roll: :roll:

I didnt say that. I thought Morris looked better last night. He deserves a shot and rightly so, he and Tim Smith lead us to a minor premiership.

Iam not a big fan of Morris but he did the job last season and Iam not panicing yet. Its funny you werent here last season when we were winning.

ParraAds

Juniors
what am I the only one who thinks Tsoulos and Stringer did have good games .soft?

Tsoulos played a fine game....as for Stringer...he is pathetic, all those Cowboy breaks up the middle came about because of his complete lack of sideways movement and speed. Not to mention his handling skills are shocking, what next? he'll probably come out and say we're the 'dumbest' team he's ever played for. SOS Mick Vella, Adam Peek etc.....

Pazza

First Grade
Dont forget one of the major reasons we were so successful last season was off the back of stringers go forward.

I think the props had a good game, we were close to beating the equal best side in the comp. The Riddell and Delaney tries could have done it for us but people still wanna have a huge cry.

Avenger

Immortal
Pazza said:
Dont forget one of the major reasons we were so successful last season was off the back of stringers go forward.

I think the props had a good game, we were close to beating the equal best side in the comp. The Riddell and Delaney tries could have done it for us but people still wanna have a huge cry.

If you are satisfied with valiant defeats you should have followed Souths. :roll:

ParraAds

Juniors
Dont forget one of the major reasons we were so successful last season was off the back of stringers go forward

yeah...go forward in slow motion and get belted, thats the Stringer way, moves sideways in slow motion and allows line breaks up the middle. Stringer is a hack, note how the top sides these days have fast and mobile packs combined with size. At least Tsoulos is agile and quick for a man of his size, and actually can hit in defense. Bye Bye Stringer

Y2Eel

First Grade
ParraAds said:
yeah...go forward in slow motion and get belted, thats the Stringer way, moves sideways in slow motion and allows line breaks up the middle. Stringer is a hack, note how the top sides these days have fast and mobile packs combined with size. At least Tsoulos is agile and quick for a man of his size, and actually can hit in defense. Bye Bye Stringer

the best thing about Tsoulos is his defence he can hit hard...

ParraAds

Juniors
the best thing about Tsoulos is his defence he can hit hard...

Yes, he does hit hard...just ask Webcke! Not only that but he makes good runs and can move sideways very well. He's a player in the making for sure.

Y2Eel

First Grade
on feleti he couldnt be worse then they 5/8 from south he cant tackle at all...

fish eel

Immortal
I thought both Tsoulos and Stringer made good starts to the game. Tsoulos faeded and Stringer's errors came from tiredness, which the cowboys exploited up the middle....

fish eel

Immortal
ParraDude_Jay said:
We all know Smithy won't change anything, he just doesn't believe in it. Stability in a team that sucks is better than changing things that don't work for him.

yep.
Because the side that ran out last night, was the same one that ran out last week as well, wasnt it?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Tsoulos had a great game last night, In saying this i thought Cayless played very well of the bench.

As for Feleti? anyone that doubts his talents are probably the same people on this forum that said Steve Witt was the answer to our half backs wows. The guy is just a gun, sure he has a few brain explosions but c'mon so does Tim Smith, just inexperience.

Sean7

Juniors
Pazza said:

We could've and should've won, but it was a very typical performance from us. I thought we were supposed to be the best side in the comp. Saying we almost beat the best side in the comp doesn't really cut it for me and it's the way we lost too. We are mentally unstable in big games and it's been proved over and over again.

There were some good things to come out of our game, but in the end we have to turn those sort of games into wins.

I thought Stringer and Tsoulos were okay as far as go forward was concerned, but our backrow lacked any kind of thrust whatsoever. That includes Hindmarsh, though he did do an amazing job in defense. We desperately need some punch in the backrow.

Avenger

Immortal
I reiterate

We have the worst attack in the NRL. Mateo creates tries from nothing. He played one first grade game 2 years ago, did quite well and was dropped. He played well in the UK and is the type of player we need to create something.

Tim Smith is down on confidence and he cannot be the only go to man.

Please put Mateo in the side.

Latest posts