What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ferrari champions again.

MR GEORGE

Juniors
well done to ferrari schumacher and barrichello they do it for us again. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

salivor

First Grade
This is history. I don't think many can claim now that Michael Schumacher isn't the best driver ever. Its hard to compare eras but Michael has beaten just about every forumula one record there is and we're unlikely to every see someone better what he has achieved.

Over the last few years many have tried to say that the Ferrari has been a rocket ship and that anyone could win in it but it hasn't been the case. In 2000 the car was about on par with the McLarens, in 2001 and 2002 it certainly was faster than anything going around but this year its been quite clear that the Williams has had the measure of it and in particular the Michelin tyres. Schumacher has had to fight for every point hes earned this year and did it tough particularly during the middle of the season when he was written off by virtually everybody as he struggled just to finish in the points.

Thats the mark of a true champion, when the chips are down and you look to be out of it, you just fight back. When Montoya closed to within one point it looked just about all over especially heading to Montoyas favourite track in Indianapolis. Schumacher had some luck in America but he ceased his opportunity and basically made it impossible for his rivals coming into Japan.

Its not 5 straight constuctors championships for Ferrari and 4 straight drivers championships for Michael. Credit has to go to Barrichello as well who has been with the team for 4 years now and we've taken the constructors and drivers championships every year. It takes a special man to be able to play second fiddle to Michael, Eddie Irvine couldn't cope with it and while Rubens has had his ups and downs he deserves praise.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
It's good to see the schu has remained humble too unlike other successful highly paid stars. Saying that Fangio is still the the greatest and incomparable is a testament for his sportsmanship and love for F1 racing. Congratulations on a great season!!!

salivor

First Grade
Its also very refreshing considering the nature of most formula one drivers. When asked at the press conference their thoughts on Schumachers achievements Raikkonen and Coulthard refused to answer the question.
The likes of Coulthard, Montoya and Irvine have acted like prize pricks in recent times, Schumacher has had his bad boy times but hes matured into a true champion on and off the race track.

Bengal

Juniors
salivor said:
Its also very refreshing considering the nature of most formula one drivers. When asked at the press conference their thoughts on Schumachers achievements Raikkonen and Coulthard refused to answer the question.
The likes of Coulthard, Montoya and Irvine have acted like prize pricks in recent times, Schumacher has had his bad boy times but hes matured into a true champion on and off the race track.

Agreed

Well done Michael Schumacher.

Well done Ferrari - yeah!

Paranoid

Juniors
Hopefully we will see the Williams, Mclaren and Renualt Boys (and Webber) close up even more next season to produce another exciting season.

Apparently, Schui, Ralf and Oliver Panis trashed a Japanese Hotel room afterwards - including throwing chairs and a television out of the smashed upper storey windows !

Gotta love F1 - it is a sport and soap opera in one. :D

salivor

First Grade
I was just reading about this, apparently Michael also hijacked a forklift :lol: . Just when I was praising him for maturing he makes me look like an idiot, you can't win 8) .

hrundi99

First Grade
Schumacher is a great driver, but most of his championships have come about due to a genuine lack of competition.

Senna was always my guy, and at any given time, he was up against Prost, Mansell, Piquet, etc.

No-one is one the same page as Schumacher in the last 5 years. JV should have been breathing down his neck the whole time but has wasted his talent driving at BAR (hindsight is 20/20).

Schumacher has not been a humble person in the past. He's actually been one of the most arrogant guys to ever pull on a helmet.

If he's being Mr Nice Guy now I can't help but cynically feel he's towing the PC-line...

The_Savage_1

Juniors
hrundi99 said:
Schumacher is a great driver, but most of his championships have come about due to a genuine lack of competition.

Senna was always my guy, and at any given time, he was up against Prost, Mansell, Piquet, etc.

No-one is one the same page as Schumacher in the last 5 years. JV should have been breathing down his neck the whole time but has wasted his talent driving at BAR (hindsight is 20/20).

Schumacher has not been a humble person in the past. He's actually been one of the most arrogant guys to ever pull on a helmet.

If he's being Mr Nice Guy now I can't help but cynically feel he's towing the PC-line...

exactly! plus it helps when your car hasnt retired due to mechanical reasons for 37 or however many races in a row :roll:

Priddo

Juniors
hmmmm heres some pics that are more like it should be :D

winner.gif

winner2.gif

:lol: that will be happening soon!!!

Agent Mulder

Bench
Schumacher? Great driver yes...And well done to him but i lost all respect for the guy when twice as clear as day he screwed over Hill in '93 was it? and tried to do the same thing on JV in 1997.

His sportmanship leaves alot to be desired.

Paranoid

Juniors
Schumacher and Ferrari is the greatest example of tall-poppy syndrome in sport.

Also, I'm by no means a Michael Schumacher fan, but I always take great joy in talking to Senna fans about him. Always fun to hear them complain how Schui is arrogant - cause Senna of course was the most humble driver ever :roll:

Also fanatastic how they bring the Hill and Jacques incident yet never mention the season Senna punted Prost out in the first corner to seal one of his championships. He didn't even try to turn in, at least MS tried to cover his illegal actions.

Priddo

Juniors
Lyon said:
Schumacher? Great driver yes...And well done to him but i lost all respect for the guy when twice as clear as day he screwed over Hill in '93 was it? and tried to do the same thing on JV in 1997.

His sportmanship leaves alot to be desired.

thats what my post was reffering too ;)

i lst all respect for him their too. as a youngster hill was my idol i guess then that happened and i still carry the grudge on him for it now...plus all the other cheating he has done....

yeh_yeh_

Juniors
i have no doubt in my mind that michael is a great driver. but i feel that either mclaren or williams should have won because it is gettin really boring seeing the ferrais win all the time eg. last year. even though this year had some variety in race winners the fact that ferrai won driver champ and constructors champ bored me.

well that is just my opinion.

Latest posts