What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FFB Masterchef

Hi kids, quick question. Just bought a bunch of spices to make dieting a bit tastier. So I need some blends for different kinds of meat, mainly chicken or beef. So far I have:

- Ground Cumin
- Ground Tumric
- Ground Chilli
- Ground Ginger
- Ground Paprika
- Ground Corriander Seeds
- Onion Flakes
- Garlic Powder
- Parsley Flakes
- Corriander Flakes
- Rosemany Leaves

Any help is awesome.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Well since I'm a Newcastle fan I would recommend some dick served with a generous sprinkling of rosemary leaves.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Well since I'm a Newcastle fan I would recommend some dick served with a generous sprinkling of rosemary leaves.

:lol:

I know nought of spices, but in future I'll use this thread to share recipes because I'm generous like that.

dogslife

Coach
Try some creme fraaaaiiche!

images

BDR

First Grade
All of my recipes are written down with directions like "add a packet of __" and "cook until it looks done"

Hi kids, quick question. Just bought a bunch of spices to make dieting a bit tastier. So I need some blends for different kinds of meat, mainly chicken or beef. So far I have:

- Ground Cumin
- Ground Tumric
- Ground Chilli
- Ground Ginger
- Ground Paprika
- Ground Corriander Seeds
- Onion Flakes
- Garlic Powder
- Parsley Flakes
- Corriander Flakes
- Rosemany Leaves

Any help is awesome.

Corriander, Cumin and Turmeric are the base of heaps of different different things. We talking about marinades for bbq, stews, curries....?

soc123_au

Staff member
Depends what sort of flavours you are after. Tumeric is mainly used for colour.
Cumin, Ground Corriander Garlic & Chilli is good on beef or lamb

Bazal

Post Whore
I know it ain't necessarily in your cupboard now, but some easy faves of mine...

Chilli flakes, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic is a basic and tasty peri peri
Cumin, ground coriander, paprika, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil goes great on lamb
Szechuan or mixed peppercorns, smashed up coarsely with some rock salt, on pork

From that, make a good curry with;
-Any meat you choose
-Onion
-Potato
-Cumin
-Ground coriander
-Chilli powder
-Turmeric
-Fresh/crushed garlic and ginger
-Water and a spoon of yoghurt at the end

Lamb or beef koftas...mince, mix in garlic, chilli, paprika, cumin, salt, some fresh herbs if you wanna buy them, mould around skewers or into meatballs and BBQ

woodyk2

First Grade
Fresh basil mixed in with side dishes etc is good.Always have extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar on hand too.