What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FFB Masterchef

Dragon2010

First Grade
Chicken: Always goes well with stronger flavours. You need to compliment the taste of the chicken. I like salt, pepper, chilli, rosemary and lemon. Can put a bit of parika to if you like. Dry-rub (Only wet ingredient is the lemon juice). You can add the zest to if you want. I like to put slits in the breast and really let the flavour sink in if I'm using breasts. If it's a whole chicken then make it more like a paste, rub it in really really well and let it sit for a couple of hours in the fridge tightly wrapped.

Beef: I'm a fan of low-fat Terriyaki style beef. Fry it-up in a touch of oil in a non-stick pan and have it with a bit of rice. Nothing beats it, I make the Terriyaki my self. Don't know the recipe off my head. I'll have to check for you later.

As for a dry-rub. Salt, mixed herbs, onoion salt, cumin and some other "stronger" herbs always make nice mixing. I'm a big fan of lebanese spices with my meat but that's my culture.

Pork: Sweet flavours here. Salt, sweet paprika, lime, onion salt and any lighter flavours compliment the pork well. Pork is better when it's marinated for about a day or so. Let the flavour sink in. Makes it much softer. I'm a big fan of making dry-rub pork and roasting it, then eating it like that or making some nice pork loin with a healthy (Yes) stir-fry.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Some cracking ideas in here. I need to find a good butcher when I get back to China.

I know it ain't necessarily in your cupboard now, but some easy faves of mine...

Chilli flakes, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic is a basic and tasty peri peri
Cumin, ground coriander, paprika, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil goes great on lamb
Szechuan or mixed peppercorns, smashed up coarsely with some rock salt, on pork

From that, make a good curry with;
-Any meat you choose
-Onion
-Potato
-Cumin
-Ground coriander
-Chilli powder
-Turmeric
-Fresh/crushed garlic and ginger
-Water and a spoon of yoghurt at the end

Lamb or beef koftas...mince, mix in garlic, chilli, paprika, cumin, salt, some fresh herbs if you wanna buy them, mould around skewers or into meatballs and BBQ

Did the Peri Peri. Also might of chucked in some chilli powder on top. It has a bit of kick I tell you what!

Dragon2010

First Grade
Finally got my laptop charger, so my laptop is back-up online.

As I promised here's some recipes for lebanese style rubs/marinades.

Lamb: Place garlic, onion, cumin, salt and pepper in a pestle & mortar and grind into a smooth compound. Rub it into the lamb and let it sit for while. I find this one is best served diced up with some rice and some fresh parsley on-top as a garnish. If you want a bit of kick add some chilli powder to it. I also like to put some pine-nuts as well and fry them, they give a nice crunch.

Chicken: Cloves garlic, fresh lemon juice , chopped fresh thyme, paprika
, cayenne pepper (optional), salt, black pepper and some olive oil. Marinade and it let it sit in the fridge. This is one of my absolute favorites to be honest. Especially when you grill the chicken a bit crispy and have it with some garlic dip.

I'll post-up more later as time permits.

Dragon2010

First Grade
I've always liked a chilli and lime infused style of squid. A very wet and fresh marinade. With some fresh parsley and lemon zest to garnish.