What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dylan Brown - charged sexual touching

Wally21

Bench
Australian public figures need to learn a lot from heap of US ones (yes a lot them still f**k up) and have the big f**k-off bodyguard who keeps them safe but mostly from themselves. f**ken Drake carries around packets of hot sauce FFS.
I suspect Drown also needs to reconsider his friends seeing how the team planned to keep low profile over weekend
The whole thing is crap and I don’t know which way it will go, however the fact that the team made a pact and he went out anyway suggests to me he has no respect for the club and his team.
along with the “I don’t watch other games” the kid needs a wake up call.

Wally21

Bench
I'm assuming if found guilty he'll get good behavior / community service / fine, not a chance he'll be jailed for what I've seen so far.

In my youth the worst this would have entailed is a smack in the head from the boyfriend / bouncer.
Didn’t make it right mate. I don’t get blokes getting on the piss and thinking they can do what they like. Whether that be punching on or touching someone (not specifically talking about Brown here)
Where does that sense of entitlement come from?

King-Gutho94

Coach
The whole thing is crap and I don’t know which way it will go, however the fact that the team made a pact and he went out anyway suggests to me he has no respect for the club and his team.
along with the “I don’t watch other games” the kid needs a wake up call.
I think this a massive wake up call Wal.

I think the thought of being arrested at a nightclub taken to a police station would be massive shock to your system you ain't bulletproof.

I reckon the Eels players will put on brave face publicly but hopefully the leadership group and BA will read him the riot act behind close doors this can't happen again.

Once the dust is settled If our leadership group is strong they should add a club imposed fine as well just for trouble it has caused & public humiliation.

Anyway he is not alone and its not an excuse but look at the likes of Munster who is a loose cannon off the field nobody is perfect its just how far you stray.

Thurston was still a ratbag off the field getting in trouble until he was 28 and finally grew up. People forget he got locked up for drunken behaviour as late as 2010 - 8 years after he made his FG debut.

Cloeel

Juniors
Didn’t make it right mate. I don’t get blokes getting on the piss and thinking they can do what they like. Whether that be punching on or touching someone (not specifically talking about Brown here)

Lack of accountability growing up.

Cloeel

Juniors
I think this a massive wake up call Wal.

I think the thought of being arrested at a nightclub taken to a police station would be massive shock to your system you ain't bulletproof.

I reckon the Eels players will put on brave face publicly but hopefully the leadership group and BA will read him the riot act behind close doors this can't happen again.

Once the dust is settled If our leadership group is strong they should add a club imposed fine as well just for trouble it has caused & public humiliation.

Anyway he is not alone and its not an excuse but look at the likes of Munster who is a loose cannon off the field nobody is perfect its just how far you stray.

Thurston was still a ratbag off the field getting in trouble until he was 28 and finally grew up. People forget he got locked up for drunken behaviour as late as 2010 - 8 years after he made his FG debut.

He is young enough to learn better, but in the same breath old enough to no better.

Earning big dollars as a public figure comes with responsibility that your average Joe does not have to adhere to.

These circumstances can be prevented a lot of the time if players/people with big profiles better navigated their interactions with the opposite sex. If you treat all people whether male or female with respect it goes a long way.

Developing self awareness in all facets of your life is a good start.

84 Baby

Referee
I suspect given the Herald expects he’ll be named tomorrow and if he is named, that’ll indicate the degree of severity the club expects from this. Lines up with what my little rodent is able to feed me. That’s not to say even if he is named, the case is or isn’t a significant problem for Dylan.

Gazzamatta

Coach
No mate i bet it’s an interesting read. Harry Bath owned the Pub when dad worked there so the place was full of footy players all week round. So you can only imagine what went on.
"Baths Beer Builds Better Footballers"
Slogan across the front of his Church St Pub.

emjaycee

Coach
looking forward to my 9 year old boy getting wind of this then asking me what's going on with Dylan Brown
That's actually an easy opportunity for you to reinforce to him that just because boys/males might be bigger and stronger than girls, it doesnt mean we can touch them if they dont want us to. Dylan touched a girl who didnt want to be touched by him and now he is in trouble for it. The rules are there son, don't touch people who don't want to be touched or who you dont know.

Cloeel

Juniors
That's actually an easy opportunity for you to reinforce to him that just because boys/males might be bigger and stronger than girls, it doesnt mean we can touch them if they dont want us to. Dylan touched a girl who didnt want to be touched by him and now he is in trouble for it. The rules are there son, don't touch people who don't want to be touched or who you dont know.

Allegedly.

hindy111

Post Whore
I’m not assuming he’s going to gaol at all. In fact I don’t for a second think he will. It’s just worth mentioning the maximum punishment for interest sake because the NRL seems to take that into account when judging whether to stand players down.

If Hayne only gets five years for what he did I don’t think there’s any chance Dylan sees the inside of a prison cell.

Hayne got more time then these filthy paedophile mosnters out there get. A crazy world.

Enamoured Eel

Juniors
It does appear though that it is a single event, multiple charges notwithstanding. It's not like it's unusual these days for multiple charges to be laid in this manner and each individual charge could well be for each alleged touch over a short period of time, like say during the course of one song on the dancefloor. For mine that would or could constitute a single error of judgement.

I think without a fair bit of detail it's quite difficult to ascertain the seriousness of the charges , and / or what each charge actually alleges to have happened.

Yep. The elements of the offence include the time it happened, the place it happened, and the date it happened. Five counts just mean he did it five times at different times.

This is a classic case of ‘loading him up’, possibly for him to grab at it being case conferenced to one charge (with just the one charge to specify between times).

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yep. The elements of the offense include the time it happened, the place it happened, and the date it happened. Five counts just mean he did it five times at different times.

This is a classic case of ‘loading him up’, possibly for him to grab at it being case conferenced to one charge (with just the one charge to specify between times).
As long as he front loads he should be ok.

Bandwagon

Staff member

Never said it was right, nor condoned it, just pointing out that not that long ago it wasn't such a big deal.

I made plenty of f**k ups when I was a young merkin, grew out of it eventually, so it'd be a bit on the nose to get all high and mighty about it now.

Enamoured Eel

Juniors
As long as he front loads he should be ok.

Haha. I failed to mention that it’s considered duplicitous and poor form. It would generally be bundled into one to strengthen the one charge. Maybe he peeved the investigative officer for whatever reason. Maybe he was being a tosser upon Police presence. Allegedly. It wouldn’t go against his prior behaviour on the same night. Allegedly of course.

eels_fan

First Grade
Unsurprising to hear Hadley have a go at us today regarding Brown

Said brown should be stood down immediately and said the club is run like a zoo and that’s because the ceo, chairman and coach are all basically inept and we’ll never win a comp and the place has had a bad culture since Fitzy left.

hate the moron

JokerEel

First Grade

Said brown should be stood down immediately and said the club is run like a zoo and that’s because the ceo, chairman and coach are all basically inept and we’ll never win a comp and the place has had a bad culture since Fitzy left.

hate the moron

It's a rule whatever Hadley says you do the opposite!

Bandwagon

Staff member

hate the moron

The merkin should remember how shit went down with his drug f**ked copper son......

hindy111

Post Whore
The merkin should remember how shit went down with his drug f**ked copper son......

I still remember when me and Mik set him up with an email and he went live and told everyone one of his insiders -you heard it first - TIM SMITHS rolled his ankle at training. Out for season.
You heard it first.
Next things Dennis is on the phone saying we didn't even train last night you twit.

JokerEel

First Grade
I still remember when me and Mik set him up with an email and he went live and told everyone one of his insiders -you heard it first - TIM SMITHS rolled his ankle at training. Out for season.
You heard it first.
Next things Dennis is on the phone saying we didn't even train last night you twit.

Thanks to your prank Hadley got his good mate Parra Pete on Poor Tim Smith's case!

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Never said it was right, nor condoned it, just pointing out that not that long ago it wasn't such a big deal.

I made plenty of f**k ups when I was a young merkin, grew out of it eventually, so it'd be a bit on the nose to get all high and mighty about it now.
You've just been lucky that the CCTV at Chardon's runs on beta.

So have I.

Latest posts