What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fielden an honest man

From the BBC

I was rubbish for Lions - Fielden
Great Britain prop Stuart Fielden has admitted his form was below-par in the recent Tri-Nations series, saying "I was rubbish."
Fielden became rugby league's most expensive transfer when he moved from Bradford to Wigan in June but did not fare well for Britain in Australia.
"I should have done better - that's all there is to it," said the 27-year-old.
"I was hugely disappointed with how poor I was and I won't be making any excuses. I was rubbish."
But Fielden did have words of praise for GB captain and former Bradford team-mate Jamie Peacock, who was recently voted the best forward in the world at an Australian awards ceremony. "Jamie was outstanding," he said. "He thoroughly deserves his award, especially considering I was alongside him doing absolutely nothing."

Sam_the_man

First Grade
Little hard on himself there. Mason was rubbish. Fielden was poor and out of sorts due to his mothers passing.

Phillips

Referee
Sam_the_man said:
out of sorts due to his mothers passing.

thats a pretty poor excuse

if he wasnt in the right state if mind, he shouldnt have played any games

hutch

First Grade
Sam_the_man said:
Little hard on himself there. Mason was rubbish. Fielden was poor and out of sorts due to his mothers passing.

mason rubbish? no bias there at all?

Sam_the_man

First Grade
hutch said:
mason rubbish? no bias there at all?

None at all, Mason was just total crap from start of the tournament to the end, at least Fielden had the balls to admit he was crap instead of what Mason does, admit everyone else is crap....when in fact his team carries him. Suitcase Mason....has a ring to it.

Cujo

Juniors
To be far Mason had a better TN than Fielden. Both were poor though, by their own standards.

ali

Bench
mad kiwi elloco bandido said:
What will be his excuse next year.

We are talking about the bloke who was probably the best prop on the field in the preceding two tri nations tournaments. So that comment is very harsh.

Latest posts