What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fien

Minh

First Grade
I didn't see the game, but that's my opinion on Fein as well!

He is a fighter with a fighting spirit but age catches up to all. He made a couple of forward passes and was poor in defense but two of his kicks led to our two tries which is not to say he had a good game, because he didn't 5.5 out of 10.

Old_Timer

Juniors
He only seeks to tarnish his playing record by clinging on. But given Price's ineptitude and our Boards intransigence, he will probably still be running around for a few years yet.

possm

Coach
He only seeks to tarnish his playing record by clinging on. But given Price's ineptitude and our Boards intransigence, he will probably still be running around for a few years yet.

Surely Drinkwater could not have done any worse than that performance. It's time for a change. Cummins to fullback, Runciman to right center and Drinkwater to half. Having said that I doubt the Dragons could have beaten the Roosters today with the above changes; they were just too hot for us today.

TheRev

Coach
I was dissapointed too with Fein, 1st half his defensive lapses led to a few tries, but.. dont think that we have anyone else who would have performed better (short-term anyway), and our problems go waaaay deeper than just Fein.

I keep talking about the lack of youth we have had come through, can you see how fast and powerful the Roosters backline and forwards and halves are? Thats what strong young kids look like, every one of their Back 7 would perform at Origin level football, and the forwards are very solid too, our forward are kind of caught in a bit of a time-warp atm, about 4 of them are just not quite old enough or not quite good enough, they dont intimidate anybody, only Creagh/Hunt/Merrin/Frizzell are 1st grade standard, the rest are works in progress.

Dragon10

Juniors
That's just bullsh*t Rev
Those forwards had no go forward at all.
Coupled with the inept halves, we had nothing.
The only go forward we had was in the second half when the 2 Jacks were on.
We were on a hiding to nothing as the penalties were really against us but a good side can overcome that.
At the end of the day we need new halves.
Good riddance to Soward.

TheRev

Coach
i think were arguing the same thing Dragon10, we have Creagh/Hunt/Merrin/Frizzell who are 1st grade standard, thats not enough for 80 minutes, but today tbh they werent in the game because we were so flat, nobody was hitting the ball at pace, Merrin as good as he is isnt much use just wrestling, he has to punch through the line first.

Efresh

Coach
I thought Fien looked ok when he moved into hooker while Rein was off. We certainly saw crisper ball than when Rein or (ugh) Matthews were at hooker.

Still, it is very hard for a 6 or 7 to play direct when his forwards are not going forward.

dragonv

Juniors
Some of you are a bit harsh with your words. That is not to say I wasn't angry that Price picked him as our first choice for halfback this season.

hardbaby

Coach
He's not first choice he's the only choice

He may well be that. DW just isn't ready. I think Beale at 6 and Sowie at 7 might have worked but Beale is out. Style is out. If they sign Dugan they could play him at 6, hopefully Cummins at 1 and keep the wingers where they should be. Nighty doesn't impress me at fullback. He's a finisher. Quite frankly I'd do anything to get Fien out of half. We just won't win much with him there.

broncos2010

Juniors
always blame same old victims after you lose, just last week I saw a couple of you saying you want to resign fien and now this.

Not really surprised but to be honest.

dragonv

Juniors
Where is rangi chase? How long do we have to wait and watch a team go round without a halfback?

Do your job doust.

Gore

Juniors
I'm sad to say it... but Fien has to go... and the sooner rangi chase gets here the better... i would rather play just about anybody at half at the moment...

and i am starting to question sowards commitment to our club for the remainder of the year... it seems to me that his mind was made up some weeks ago that he was going.. and he has played accordingly

Willow

Assistant Moderator
i am starting to question sowards commitment to our club for the remainder of the year... it seems to me that his mind was made up some weeks ago that he was going.. and he has played accordingly
He was the difference in at least two of our last three wins.