What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fien's return delayed

watatank

Coach

Fien, who sustained the injury in the opening premiership match of the season at Parramatta Stadium, had been hoping to make his comeback as early as the clash with Brisbane next Sunday but an infection he developed after surgery to remove the pin in his left leg has put those plans on hold for a few more weeks.

''That was the original plan,'' Fien said. ''I'm not sure exactly when I will be back now, but hopefully it is not too far away. The infection has put everything back about two weeks, so I'm still a few more weeks away.''

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...lays-fiens-comeback-plans-20100725-10qmr.html

Cagey Mac

Bench
They have to get past the roosters tonight yet and that will be easier said than done. Priddis will do okay for now against his old club

Dragon Dave

Bench
Like most I have been pleasantly surprised with the way Priddis has stepped up this year, although in the fast-paced matches it seems he is one step off the pace.

He made a crucial error towards the end of the 2nd half on Friday night which was similar to a few he has made in the past month or so, just that little bit too slow and unaware.

Hopefully Fein can get that leg sorted asap because IMO we need him if we want to win this thing.

RedVDave

First Grade
I seriously worry that he would struggle for match fitness when he comes back especially this time of year, it's a damn shame really I would have loved to see him come off the bench and provide some serious spark, for when Priddis needs a rest.

that pissed me off massively when we had the ball down their end towards the end and Priddis darted from D/H and got the ball knocked out of his hands...

Dragon Dave

Bench
Well he was expected back possibly next week, now with the infection they say "a couple more" so let's allow 4 weeks.

Obviously it's not ideal, but I think he can get back into decent match shape by the 2nd week of semis...(peaking in the GF...;))

Hmmm, a hooker at the dragons breaks his leg and then has his comeback delayed due to an infection picked up from hospital, doesn't that sound like a broken record

SerbDragon

Coach
that pissed me off massively when we had the ball down their end towards the end and Priddis darted from D/H and got the ball knocked out of his hands...

Players need to learn to hold on to the ball, simple really. In NFL they hold the ball like its their 1st born child, no way they allow it to get knocked out.

brokendigit

Juniors
Players need to learn to hold on to the ball, simple really. In NFL they hold the ball like its their 1st born child, no way they allow it to get knocked out.

I think that is a rubbish comparison.

The ball used in the NFL is approx two-thirds the size of a RL ball, has much more prominent dimples, and the majority of games are now played in indoor arenas on synthetic grass.
And, guess what? They still drop it.

SerbDragon

Coach
It might be a bad comparison, however the priority of hanging on to the bloody ball should be 1st and foremost.

SilentAssassin

Juniors
Would of been perfect if he was back this weekend.

That's a massive set back. If it is a month I doubt he will take part in this years competition. Then again Bennett may have had enough of Priddis by then.

SFVD

First Grade
I think that is a rubbish comparison.

The ball used in the NFL is approx two-thirds the size of a RL ball, has much more prominent dimples, and the majority of games are now played in indoor arenas on synthetic grass.
And, guess what? They still drop it.

Yeah seriously, the amount of fumbles and incomplete passes is huge...