What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita facing 6 week suspension!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Bit unlucky unfortunately players need to learn not to lift. Feel for Andrew though, watched it on Friday on delay after Brisbane's game. Honestly I'd say this for whoever side, they have gone way too harsh on lifting tackles. No one with half a brain can say what Fifita did is twice (or three times) as dangerous as what Frizel did. That is the issue. He was lucky he didn't break his jaw. I was all for upping the grade 1 dangerous throws, but the grade 2/3/4 didn't have to be changed. The NRL are just silly half the times, unfortunately pretty much every club cops it (except Souths)

Weaponhead

Coach
Bit unlucky unfortunately players need to learn not to lift. Feel for Andrew though, watched it on Friday on delay after Brisbane's game. Honestly I'd say this for whoever side, they have gone way too harsh on lifting tackles. No one with half a brain can say what Fifita did is twice (or three times) as dangerous as what Frizel did. That is the issue. He was lucky he didn't break his jaw. I was all for upping the grade 1 dangerous throws, but the grade 2/3/4 didn't have to be changed. The NRL are just silly half the times, unfortunately pretty much every club cops it (except Souths)

Fair points.

The Frizzell tackle deserves 2-3 weeks as it was a swinging arm that landed flush. Some mitigation in the low tackler changed the position of Browne but it was a bad one.

After the McKinnon incident they are cracking down on the lifting tackles. Clydesdale ends up in a dangerous position but is not hurt. 4 weeks is over the top but not unexpected.

Click2000

Juniors
We'll cover it no worries but f**k me that's harsh!!

Houma and Taga c mon down - put some mongrel into our pack, let's turn that negative into a positive and keep rolling on !!!

Let's shut those f*cking inbred Souffs merkins up!!!!

PHaTMaN

Juniors
Fifita deserved 2 weeks and Friz 6 wrong f*cking way around!!!!!

Thought the same thing.

I still can't believe Friz didn't get sent off, he would be laughing he is only sitting out for two.

If that's not a reckless high shot then I don't know what is.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Swinging arm v's a good tackles that went slightly horizontal at the worse.

Keep killing the game you morons!!

Inferno

Coach
Fight the grading

Anyone know what the downside is for fighting the grading?

I know you're still liable but do you face the same as if you fought the whole thing, or is it a reduced guilty plea discount?

4 weeks would mean Fifi wouldn't get another game before SOO which you would think would rule him out of contention...

TRIALS

Juniors
Anyone know what the downside is for fighting the grading?

I know you're still liable but do you face the same as if you fought the whole thing, or is it a reduced guilty plea discount?

4 weeks would mean Fifi wouldn't get another game before SOO which you would think would rule him out of contention...

6 if he fights it and loses. 4 if we cop it sweet.

Inferno

Coach
Even if he's just contesting the grading rather than the charge at all?

Usual NRL bullshit.

Yeah can't remember which Parramatta player contested his grading this year.

But he lost his challenge and got hammered with the extra weeks.

Special K

Coach
Take the 4 weeks and miss Souths, Panthers, Warriors(at home) and Titans. Back for games against the dragons and Roosters....Can't do anything now bar accept it as missing six weeks is just too much of a risk. Annoying to lose him but for 5 weeks this year David was the better Fifita.

The club will flog Fifita and his fitness over the next month.

carcharias

Immortal
Take the 4 weeks and miss Souths, Panthers, Warriors(at home) and Titans. Back for games against the dragons and Roosters....Can't do anything now bar accept it as missing six weeks is just too much of a risk. Annoying to lose him but for 5 weeks this year David was the better Fifita.

The club will flog Fifita and his fitness over the next month.

Yep
Save the dosh contesting it.

Card Shark

Immortal
It's a long season, looking on the bright side, hopefully he's fresher for the important games at the end of season.