What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fight Night: Round 4

I think it is pretty sh*t so far. I played the demo and thought it was pretty average.

Somebody mentioned lack of button mashing but joystick mashing is probably worse. Computer didn't dance around or anything just immediately ran straight at me throwing punches without stopping.

I am probably going to pass on this.

Jono078

Referee
Demo looks nice, but I don't like the style of play. It feels slow and you just can't do things fast enough with the analog stick.

Will give it a miss - for sure.

tokerShark

Juniors
just got my copy, its hard getting used to the stick, using the stick feels slopy at times, but im sure i'll get use to it.
That said its still an awesome game except mundane lasted 7 rounds when i thought him using iron mike tyson,(i think this might say more about my skill than how realistic the game is) it was still good to make him bleed and eventually ko him

Broncodr01d

Juniors
Graphically - pretty good.

Gameplay - really hate the whole 'total control' aspect with the right analog stick. I much prefer the old school 'button mash' and the settings should at least give you this option. It doesn't however.

I purchased first and foremost as a passionate fan of boxing. At the moment, I am 50/50 on this one though I will give it every chance.

More on this title later as get some more game time in.

shiznit

Coach
WTF??? have you two blokes actually played a Fight Night Game before??

theve been using the sticks for control for the whole series... :lol:

has anyone who actually knows the series played this yet??

i get my copy 2moro...

Broncodr01d

Juniors

i get my copy 2moro...

I have played every edition and yes, I am aware the feature has made previous appearances ... HOWEVER ... there has always been option whereby the user can change the controller configuration in the options menu. The 'total control' analog control has been somewhat fine tuned. Those who don't enjoy it can go back to a 'classic' version of the configuration.

The ignorant still post here I see.

tokerShark

Juniors

i get my copy 2moro...

shut up idiot, i have also played the whole series and have always switched the controls to a button configuration as it really gives you "total control", i find that using the stick leads to the wrong punch being thrown sometimes.

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
why would you want to change it to button mashing?? its bloody simple to master the sticks..

The hopeless still post here i see.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
why would you want to change it to button mashing?? its bloody simple to master the sticks..

:lol: You set the bar high if by not being hopeless is to master the 'total control' configuration for the Fight Night series :lol:

It comes back to a matter of preference. Some prefer the 'button mash', others the 'total control' configuration.

Moving on ...

I put in a few hours last night and I am loving the game, especially online. The legacy mode I have just started with Anthony Mundine and I am 5-0 (5KO). The training I can do with out so I auto-train. It will be interesting to see if this will still allow me to dominate over my career.

I love the graphics and time put in to the styles of the boxers. Tyson is awesome, Jones Jnr as well. It's well presented, the fighters style look like their real life counterparts.

Boxing fans will love the game, so-so fans might be inclined to look at the new TNA game.

tokerShark

Juniors

Why do you care so much about what system i prefer?
as i recall you didnt even have the game yet:lol:

Yeah training is hard as f#ck, you almost always get more points if you simulate, but practice makes perfect, or i could just be "hopeless"

Darth Bobo

Why do you care so much about what system i prefer?
as i recall you didnt even have the game yet:lol:

Yeah training is hard as f#ck, you almost always get more points if you simulate, but practice makes perfect, or i could just be "hopeless"

I actually spent a bit of time on the training games instead of fighting for a few nights after work and with a bit of practice you can get to champ on most pretty easy, Double End, Maize, Free Sparring arn't too hard, Combo can be tricky if you miss a couple of hits in the later levels and I found Heavy Bag Push the hardest to consistently score high on but with a bit of practice the training doesn't seem as daunting and your fighter really benefits. I don't do the Stay on Your Feet one, hate it and can get the benefits from doing the other training so you don't missing anything by not doing it.

Like you said, practice makes perfect.

cupid

Juniors
How cool is Photo game face, I just uploaded mine and it's looking quite like me, I'm pretty sure you can share boxers?

Latest posts