What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FIJI

jim_57

Staff member
Playing in Ron Massey cup. It’s hard to se how they could compete in nsw cup without an nrl club partner.

they finished a credible 6th of nine clubs this season with 7 wins and 9 losses.

They were at odds with FNRL for a while (classic RL). I believe they are back on good enough terms now which can only help.

Have to imagine a fraction of that PNG money could support them moving up to NSW Cup.

Perth Red

Post Whore
They were at odds with FNRL for a while (classic RL). I believe they are back on good enough terms now which can only help.

Have to imagine a fraction of that PNG money could support them moving up to NSW Cup.
Without nrl fringe players highly unlikely they could compete. part of the problem of having a pseudo reserve grade second tier.

Nutz

Bench
Someone once said on a different forum that conferences are a good way to expand the league.
For example, two conferences could be run concurrently and at the end of the year the top four teams from each conference play in one final series which brings more teams together to play against each other and supporters who's team who didn't make the finals probably would root for their conference.
Conference A could include teams like Canberra , Melbourne, Wests Tigers, Perth, PNG, Adelaide, Darwin, possibly Oceania sides, New Zealand Townsville and the other conference made up with teams mainly from Sydney.
West Tigers are in the non Sydney conference to promote their hold on the Macarthur region.
Wests move closer to Canberra for a derby. Same could be said that Saints need to move south to permanently take hold of Wollongong.
I think thats roughly what was said and I don't know if it's got any merit.
Broadcast times and travel would be a determining factor in which conference teams are allocated.
I'm a traditionalist and quiet frankly don't want change. I'm getting old and just want things the way its been since 1908. Interestingly though, teams have come and gone since then.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Australia vs NZ.. dead rubber?
There's no such thing!
The last time these 2 met was probably the best game I've seen!

It's going to be brutal!
Grudge match this week, double Grudge next week!

Literally the 2 best rosters you'll see going head to head.
Strap in!
Pretty much this. The tournament draw was setup with a likely Aus v NZ final in mind. So they've essentially given us a two test series where both teams have a solid hit out against Samoa first. I can't wait for the next two games

Latest posts