What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FIJI

Wb1234

Referee
It’s not a terrible idea that’s for sure

if png is a sucesss it’s every chance fiji would be on the radar

seeing how well their union side did in the World Cup and how many good fiji players have made it to the nrl it sure could get an nrl team one day

jim_57

Staff member
There has been quite a lot of Fijian born NRL players in the last 10 years, even if half do end up back in Rugby Union. Definitely a decent “minor” source of players currently.

A step forward would be getting a fraction of the government cash on offer for PNG to get Silktails up to NSW Cup. Then work on SG Ball and/or Harold Matthews feeding in to that.

Good to see some trials going there.

MugaB

Coach
It’s not a terrible idea that’s for sure

if png is a sucesss it’s every chance fiji would be on the radar

seeing how well their union side did in the World Cup and how many good fiji players have made it to the nrl it sure could get an nrl team one day
That game on the weekend was absolutely trash, i love the fijians, and their passion, if they could cach a ball, they'd be f**kn unstoppable, but they won on a few glimpses of brilliance, the rest was hard to watch, with sivo and ravalawa bombing every opportunity they got.. shoulda pumped cook islands 50blot

Nutz

Bench
That game on the weekend was absolutely trash, i love the fijians, and their passion, if they could cach a ball, they'd be f**kn unstoppable, but they won on a few glimpses of brilliance, the rest was hard to watch, with sivo and ravalawa bombing every opportunity they got.. shoulda pumped cook islands 50blot
Pretty poor std I must agree. These are the best players these nations can select and the std should be a lot higher. It just seems like a country carnival to me. (All of the games)
Nice to see my WT's Bula get some rep experience though as he's a star in the making imo.

Wb1234

Referee
The whole pacific cup has been poor

but it’s a start of something special

MugaB

Coach
The whole pacific cup has been poor

but it’s a start of something special
Fiji had no respect for the ball whatsoever, lacked the fundamentals
Cook islands are all reserve graders
Nz, PNG and Aus are where they are standard wise
And Samoa is just lacking Romy, Bizza, Hammer and Joseph Su'alii, basically there without spark and spine, so they cant be helped
Only found Fiji to be underwhelming with the talent they have

Wb1234

Referee
Fiji had no respect for the ball whatsoever, lacked the fundamentals
Cook islands are all reserve graders
Nz, PNG and Aus are where they are standard wise
And Samoa is just lacking Romy, Bizza, Hammer and Joseph Su'alii, basically there without spark and spine, so they cant be helped
Only found Fiji to be underwhelming with the talent they have
I haven’t finished a single game

every game has been poor

plus it’s been poorly planned

eg aus vs nz is the biggest game is know a dead rubber

Tonga meanwhile we’re excellent

Gobsmacked

Bench
I haven’t finished a single game

every game has been poor

plus it’s been poorly planned

eg aus vs nz is the biggest game is know a dead rubber

Tonga meanwhile we’re excellent
Australia vs NZ.. dead rubber?
There's no such thing!
The last time these 2 met was probably the best game I've seen!

It's going to be brutal!
Grudge match this week, double Grudge next week!

Literally the 2 best rosters you'll see going head to head.
Strap in!

Wb1234

Referee
Australia vs NZ.. dead rubber?
There's no such thing!
The last time these 2 met was probably the best game I've seen!

It's going to be brutal!
Grudge match this week, double Grudge next week!

Literally the 2 best rosters you'll see going head to head.
Strap in!
Australia is resting loads of players

Diesel

Referee
What happened to the Fiji NSW Cup team? Is it still around or did covid affect the team getting off the ground longer term

Perth Red

Post Whore
What happened to the Fiji NSW Cup team? Is it still around or did covid affect the team getting off the ground longer term
Playing in Ron Massey cup. It’s hard to se how they could compete in nsw cup without an nrl club partner.

they finished a credible 6th of nine clubs this season with 7 wins and 9 losses.