What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

filthy_spammers website: Tim Smith in "for a hell of a season"

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Colonel said:
SBW is a talent. No doubting that. However the Dogs have to look seriously at his training regime or he will go the way of Brett Papworth and David Woods......

that's it,

send him over here we'll look after him we're guarentee of getting our moneys worth.

Hurriflatch

Referee
No one is doubting SBW's talent but his injuries put some serious questions over if he'll ever reach full potential as Colonel pointed out players like Woods have had all the talent anyone could want by injuries have seen them fail to realise this, SBW could just be the next David Woods.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hurriflatch said:
No one is doubting SBW's talent but his injuries put some serious questions over if he'll ever reach full potential as Colonel pointed out players like Woods have had all the talent anyone could want by injuries have seen them fail to realise this, SBW could just be the next David Woods.

I have no doubt if David Woods was around today he'd be playing more matches for us..

Hurriflatch

Referee
WEll if Parra do sign SBW's younger brother the Sonny might want to join him

It worked for the Perenara's

Henry, Marcus play for the club
Their Aunt works there
and their father coaches in the local comp.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hurriflatch said:
WEll if Parra do sign SBW's younger brother the Sonny might want to join him

It worked for the Perenara's

Henry, Marcus play for the club
Their Aunt works there
and their father coaches in the local comp.

and to add to that the Perenara's are actually cousins of the William's

freaky hey?

The Colonel

Immortal
eelavation said:
I have no doubt if David Woods was around today he'd be playing more matches for us..

Very true. I reckon he had the ability to be better than Renouf.......

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Colonel said:
Very true. I reckon he had the ability to be better than Renouf.......

yep, unfortunately before Smithy came he was a shadow of his best was never the same player at Penrith.

John Morris

Juniors
Angry_eel said:
ladies and gents we have our peter sterling. the question is who will be the brett kenny of the team.
Let me make one thing clear, I don't like you.

Tim Smith's going to have a great season. He might struggle at the start without me but we'll be great come finals time.

Smartman

Juniors
Eelementary said:
I never said SBW was a bad player - just that people get way too excited over him.

The best talent since Joey according to many experts, thats a fekking pretty big rap if you ask me.

The Colonel

Immortal
Smartman said:
The best talent since Joey according to many experts, thats a fekking pretty big rap if you ask me.

Maybe one he will struggle to live up to. If reports are right it looks like he will join the list of those with unlimited potential that goes unfulfilled.....

Smartman

Juniors
The Colonel said:
Maybe one he will struggle to live up to. If reports are right it looks like he will join the list of those with unlimited potential that goes unfulfilled.....

I know but hopefully it doesnt reach that conclusion, im just replying to eelamentarys question about why SBW is hyped up....

The Colonel

Immortal
Aware of that. For someone so young to reportedly have knees that are already up there with Daley and Lamb it doesn't speak much for his longevity.....

Eelementary

Post Whore
SBW seems to be a pretty touchy subject...To the point where some people just can't understand what I'm trying to get at...

He IS a talented player, and he IS a very good forward.

Just that, at THIS stage of his career, in MY opinion, he's rated a far better better than he currently is.

He has the potential to become what everyone thinks he will and more so - but potential doesn't mean much until you live up to it.

Anasta is a good example - always named over-rated. That doesn't mean he's a bad player - not at all. It just means he's not as good as some people suggest.

The same with Tim Smith - some people I've spoken to (and pieces I've read) have suggest he's one of the top 3 halfbacks in the NRL. Now, while I think it's fair to say he's one of the best rookie halfbacks in the NRL, to say he's top 3 is a bit much.

He has the potential to be the best halfback in the game...But will he live up to it?

Hurriflatch

Referee
Eelementary said:
Anasta is a good example - always named over-rated. That doesn't mean he's a bad player - not at all. It just means he's not as good as some people suggest.

Finally someone with a brain

if player X is the 5th best player in the world but people say he is the 3rd best player in the world

He is still being over rated

people too quickly assosicate being over rated with being bad

Eelementary

Post Whore
Hurriflatch said:
Finally someone with a brain

if player X is the 5th best player in the world but people say he is the 3rd best player in the world

He is still being over rated

people too quickly assosicate being over rated with being bad

Exactly - that's exactly what I mean.

IN MY OPINION, SBW is over-rated - he is very, very good. But to me, he's just not as good as some people say he is - hence he is over-rated.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I hear you, Phillips.

He's probably the best rookie halfback going around at the moment. But he has a while yet before he reaches best halfback.

Although I'm sure we all see he has the pure potential to do it.

Latest posts