What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Final 4 - Preferred Grand Final pairing?

Which of the four Grand Final combinations do you want to see?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BWNB

First Grade
I think fatigue will effect us definitely but I think that finale is completely different with Smith in the side.
That said I think we'll probably go down to the Sharks because the boys will definitely be too tired and knocked about.
No chance, Cows will be okay.

I think it will be a Storm vs Cowboys Grand Final.

I personally think the Fatigue factor might come up to hurt the Cowboys if they make the Grand Final.

Anyone remember the 2008 Grand Final? Storm won a gripping semi-final against the Broncos in the dying seconds which was a bruising draining encounter. They then went into the Grand Final agaisnt a Manly team who had a the secound week off and got pumped 40 - 0. Cameron Smith was suspended for that Grand Final but I still think the wide margin in the scoreline was more likely due to the factor of fatigue.
Um yes I remember it well.
Storm played Cronulla in the Prelim before the GF and won 28-0

BM1979

Juniors
Cause they finished 1 and 3 makes sense.

It makes perfect sense if you think about it. Sharks lost a few games towards the end of the year when the cue was in the rack. The Storm and Sharks were the 2 best teams this season IMO and I think week 1 of the finals proved that.

JamesRustle

First Grade
It makes perfect sense if you think about it. Sharks lost a few games towards the end of the year when the cue was in the rack. The Storm and Sharks were the 2 best teams this season IMO and I think week 1 of the finals proved that.
Raiders didn't lose more than two on the trot the whole season and finished 2nd.. pretty consistent and a well deserved ranking.

BM1979

Juniors
Raiders didn't lose more than two on the trot the whole season and finished 2nd.. pretty consistent and a well deserved ranking.

Don't get me wrong I am not trying to bag the Raiders I just think the undefeated run the Sharks put together was the best football we seen this season over an extended period.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Don't get me wrong I am not trying to bag the Raiders I just think the undefeated run the Sharks put together was the best football we seen this season over an extended period.
No doubt they were good... and not channeling popeye, but I generally think the best teams sort their order over the home and away rounds... finals comes down to momentum, luck and taking your chances.

BWNB

First Grade
Storm and sharks were the best teams throughout the season. The sharks had been waiting for finals for 6 weeks before they began.

dogz08

First Grade
i feel the cowboys are the only team left that could beat melbourne in a grand final

I don't know why but I want Sharks vs Storm. I think that would be quality. A lot of niggle though but would be a defensive grand final for the ages.

davi

Juniors

I've got mixed feelings on the Sharks, because alot of these wins over the top teams during this period were close grind out games. But they haven't shown that they can completely pump a team into oblivion like the Storm can.

Sharks are at their best where they can hang around as they showed in the Raiders game. They were down 12-0, could have been 18-0. But managed a way of holding there defense and slowly working their way back into the contest.

rabbitohs95

Bench
If the Storm and Sharks make it I can see a replay of 2012 for Ennis and Barba, Storm just completely shutting them down, similar to Round 26.

I'm hoping the Raiders and Sharks win it, couldn't care who wins, so long as it isn't Cam Smith and the cheats in purple holding aloft the trophy.

If the Cowboys win it, i'd be happy for them but it'd be a little boring seeing a team win it twice in a row. No doubt a great feat, but eh I wanna see either Canberra or Cronulla win it, they've had to wait a long long time and their fans deserve some glory.

carcharias

Immortal
I've got mixed feelings on the Sharks, because alot of these wins over the top teams during this period were close grind out games. But they haven't shown that they can completely pump a team into oblivion like the Storm can.

Sharks are at their best where they can hang around as they showed in the Raiders game. They were down 12-0, could have been 18-0. But managed a way of holding there defense and slowly working their way back into the contest.

You must have been watching the 2015 Comp this year
Sharks pumped Penrith raiders dragons Newcastle
Beat every team in the comp apart from Souths
They averaged at least 24 points per game

Latest posts