What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Equation

Bicey_18

Bench
I really hope we finish 4th... I know that sounds strange but think about it.

Finish 3rd and we meet the Dragons at EAS - No Thanks! Our record against them at home is a disgrace and would not like to face them 1st up at home.

Finish 4th and play the Eagles at EAS - Revenge and payback for sure. Joey's return game after the controversial game against the Eagles will be in the back of his mind and I think we can beat them this time... We will have our forwards this time unlike last game.. and will be alot more confident .

Jobdog

Live Update Team
But finish 3rd, win, have a week off and 80 minutes away awaits another grand final ;-)

Bicey_18

Bench
Jobdog said:
But finish 3rd, win, have a week off and 80 minutes away awaits another grand final ;-)

But then again we finish 4th.. Bulldogs could lose to Parra and Broncos could fall 2 Saints, we win and we get a week off

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
ShadesOfTheSun said:
Brisbane beating Parra was a good result, IMHO, since the Warriors have more of a chance of upsetting the Broncs next week than the Cowboys do of beating Parra. A Warriors or Storm win will see Newcastle in the top four (well, unless St. George beat the Roosters by 52 +). Both, and we'll be in at third.

The way parra played today and with there lack of forwards, I would give NQ a far better chance of beating them, then I do NZ beating brisbane.

chinorocks

Juniors
Best case is 3rd - which will occur if Melbourne beats Manly and the Warriors beat Brisbane (providing the Dragons don't win by 53 or more.)

4th - If Melbourne beats Manly OR the Warriors beat Brisbane (providing the Dragons don't win by 53 or more).

5th - Manly and Brisbane both win and the Dragons fail to win by 53+ points.

6th - Manly and Brisbane win and the Dragons smash the Roosters by 53 or more.

So the highest we can get is 3rd and the lowest is 6th.

I think we will finish 4th and play Manly in week 1.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
macavity said:
anyone know the finals schedule?

from memory 1v8 is Sun, 4v5 Fri and 2v7 / 3v6 Sat night?
4 vs 5 Friday night 7.45 (I think)
3 vs 6 Sat night 6.00
2 vs 7 Sat night 8.00
1 vs 8 Sun night 8.30 (I think)

thuganomics

Coach
Jobdog said:
4 vs 5 Friday night 7.45 (I think)
3 vs 6 Sat night 6.00
2 vs 7 Sat night 8.00
1 vs 8 Sun night 8.30 (I think)

1 vs 8 is a Sunday afternoon 3pm game.

Jobdog said:

I'm worried about having the week off in week 2. I know it means we get a chance to go straight to the preliminary finals but we have a bye in week 2 and that means Joey would of only played one game in over a month and will be playing in a big finals atmosphere. I'd still like the week off, but I'd be a bit worried considering we have Round 26 off.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I'm 90% certain they did change it to a Sunday night game this year Fred.

Burwood

Bench
The sunday game is definitely an afternoon game- out of the four weeks of finals it unfortunately is the only game that isn't a night game.