What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Footy 2004

Sydney Carton

Juniors
My Finals teams...

Qld Cup

1. Easts - finally getting serious at buying the premiership
2. Redcliffe - always good finishers late in the season
3. Toowoomba - if injuries dont stuff em
4. Burleigh - always up there
5. Wynnum - if they play to their potential for these vital final games

6. Norths - bugger off out of the five Melbourne
7. Guns - pretenders
8. Tweed - good effort
9. Comets - never a chance

Mixwell Cup

1. Easts - God no - Not easts again
2. Burleigh - Redcliffe showed the Bears underbelly
3. Norths - always good
4. Redcliffe - bugger me they won last year after being no chance so here's hoping

5. Wynnum - poor start stuffed the premiers
6. Wests - injuries buiggered them
7. Souths - pretty bloody good really. Very competitive. Maybe next year.

Colts

1. Norths - f*rk they're good but can be beaten
2. Redcliffe - best is yet to come
3. Easts
4. Wests - big end to season

5. Burleigh - crash and burn
6. Souths - pretenders

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
Stewbum said:
Too many Jamesons.....

jamesons hey...hmm getting all posh are you?? i guess you gotta fit in with those nice posh fellos from yawnion

dont forget to raise ya pinkie when you take a sip :lol:

mud n blood

Juniors
norths Colts were a beaten side on sunday, then 3 things happened (no comment!) in the space of 6 minutes - all leading directly to tries - to blow the score out. 30-10 to them ..... not a chance they deserved it.

They'll be beaten in the grand final by whoever they meet.

Easts will be hard to stop in both grades I feel. Injuries and/or suspensions the only way, although I wonder if their run has been mistimed.

and when were Wynnum premiers ?

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Up the mighty Phins said:
Think Stew ment minor premiers. I'm sure he wouldn't have forgotten Redcliffe's win in all 3 grand finals last year.

Yep, Minor Premiers, big win in the Major Semi and rewarded by playing the GF at Dolphin Oval. :x

Sgt Schultz

Juniors
Cap it's not like you didn't know the GF was going to be at Dolphin Oval before the major semi and there was still another side who if good enough could have stopped Redcliffe from making it.

The home ground advantage didn't stop Easts A grade in 2002, Wests Colts 2002, Toowoomba 2001 all winning grand finals at Dolphin Oval.

I still think it's whoever plays better on the day. I'm not denying it is good to play at home on the big day but using that as an excuse when you lose in my opinion takes something away from the winning side. Maybe your boys took them too easy after the big semi win.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Never making an excuse for the loss.

I'm simply saying the QRL has a moral obligation to all clubs to play Grand Finals at a neutral venue, no matter what the financial advantages might be of playing at Dolphin Oval.

I equally wouldn't like to see Wynnum play a GF at Kougari.

mud n blood

Juniors
I wouldn't mind seeing Wests play a grand final at Purtell ..... :( ..... or even just play a grand final ..... :cry: ..... or even just play in the top grade ..... :(

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
mud n blood said:
I wouldn't mind seeing Wests play a grand final at Purtell ..... :( ..... or even just play a grand final ..... :cry: ..... or even just play in the top grade ..... :(

:lol: you sad b-astard

Sgt Schultz

Juniors
Redcliffe would prefer the Grand Final be at Lang Park as well but if it's not they will put up their hand to host it just like any other club or venue can do.

mud n blood

Juniors
unfortunately the deck is stacked. couple that with the "ability" of those in charge to look outside the square.

I'm all for the GF to be hosted around the clubs. but I do believe finals should all be played on neutral grounds.

mud n blood

Juniors
grand final venues thus far :-

Lang Park (43)
Gabba (30)
Davies Park (10)
Exhibition Grounds (9)
Dolphin Oval (3)
Oxenham Park (1)
*one grand final was replayed*

Big Tommy

Juniors
Sarge

Why would Redcliffe prefer if the GF was played somewhere else?

Because they don't like the tens of thousands (perhaps $100,000 when leagues club and other factors are considered) revenue the match generates?

or

Perhaps they do not like the "home" advantage it provides to their side(s) on GF day?

I think not to all of the above!

Sgt Schultz

Juniors
Lang Park is where it should be played but obviously costs are prohibiting that at this stage.

QRL gets the gate and runs the day.

Yes it is a big day for the club and I would imagine they do quite well out of it and the supporters have a lot less distance to travel to get back to the club after I suppose.

It would be easy stop Redcliffe's homeground advantage. Some other club step up to mark to knock them out in the semi's so far no club has done it. I don't think the home ground was difference last year or the year before Redcliffe blew Ipswich off the Park in the first half in 2002 while Burleigh turned in their worst effort when it mattered most. Last year in the major semi Redcliffe scored early and looked set then started to turn the ball over and Burleigh got a roll on and won deservedly and the opposite happened in GF Burleigh scored early and looked set then their ball control went downhill and Redcliffe got a roll on.

Do you guys suggest not naming the GF venue until after the prelim final so it's neutral then giving whoever stages it no chance to organise anything.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
No, if Lang Park is out of reach, use Carrara, Ballymore or whether else might be suitable.

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
pfft stop kidding yourself, as if a qld cup gf at lang park would be a success...it would be good, but lets be honest, the joint wouldnt be anywhere near packed...there will be that many empty seats it will look pathetic...wouldnt be a good look for qld league...

what about perry park? its a central location and has a decent sized grandstand...and the qrl could afford it too!!

Latest posts