What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

The talk (rumours) on social media is despite a $400k+ a year offer from the Eels, Blaize is looking elsewhere - most likely the Dragons, and the Panthers have now entered the contest as well - both offering a package deal for both Blaize and his brother
Unfortunately that’s the mail I got too - the pair of them done deal to the Dragons. Fingers crossed it’s bullsh*t but it doesn’t sound good. All you can do is shake your head.

Chipmunk

Coach
I'd be surprised if our penny-pinchers on the recruitment and retention committee would go even remotely close to $1.5m for Talagi over three years. I'd say they'd struggle to consider offering that to him over 5 years.

Chipmunk

Coach
I think this is an opportunity for the club to draw a line in the sand with Isaac Moses.

Tell Mitch Moses we'll make an exception for him, because we don't want to cause family issues. But the others can either choose the club or Isaac. The rest he has at the club aren't worse the hassle.

Soto

Bench
Ands what was the reason for our four consecutive years in the top eight? Were we good at all that stuff two years ago?
Pou my dear friend. You're better and smarter than that. We haven't evolved, we haven't adapted and the methods used previously don't work in the new 6 again faster game.
Smaller forwards, more agile with lateral movement, with speedy outside backs is where its at. You also need to be supremely fit which we aren't.
Only thing supreme with the current mob is their favourite choice of Pizza.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Why does everything have to become an argument for you?
Culling the weak, lame and sick ideas is a good and natural thing. This is how the ideas herd is made stronger.
What I said is perfectly valid and is AN explanation.
Although weird, not implausible or impossible.
I think it’s implausible and gave my reasons.
What you said is also somewhat weird, but neither implausible nor impossible.

Also somewhat weird is a mutual option!!!
When described as a PO plus a CO, as some merkin suggested earlier, a MO seemed less weird. I do think it’s plausible though. I just can’t see how it would clearly impact negotiations on the contract’s value, whereas it’s easy to see how a PO or CO would be agreed in lieu of up front financial compensation.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Pou my dear friend. You're better and better than that. We haven't evolved, we haven't adapted and the methods used previously don't work in the new 6 again faster game.
Smaller forwards, more agile with lateral movement, with speedy outside backs is where its at. You also need to be supremely fit which we aren't.
Only thing supreme with the current mob is their favourite choice of Pizza.
I made the same complaint in mid-2021 and our excellent finals performances that year and the following year proved me wrong. As far as not evolving, obviously our pack is in decline, but that is due to retaining them at the end of 2021 for the last hurrah of 2022 and ‘23. The premiership window was always going to end. There’s no need to craft any narrative of failure around it. It’s the price we paid for getting as close as we did. We have paid the same price after every grand final back to 1987.

Soto

Bench
I made the same complaint in mid-2021 and our excellent finals performances that year and the following year proved me wrong. As far as not evolving, obviously our pack is in decline, but that is due to retaining them at the end of 2021 for the last hurrah of 2022 and ‘23. The premiership window was always going to end. There’s no need to craft any narrative of failure around it. It’s the price we paid for getting as close as we did. We have paid the same price after every grand final back to 1987.
Cue the Panthers, storm, roosters..cmon Pou you're better than that

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The talk (rumours) on social media is despite a $400k+ a year offer from the Eels, Blaize is looking elsewhere - most likely the Dragons, and the Panthers have now entered the contest as well - both offering a package deal for both Blaize and his brother

probably just testing the market as they call it, I'd also think it has more to do with his bottom feeding agent

oldmancraigy

Coach
Culling the weak, lame and sick ideas is a good and natural thing. This is how the ideas herd is made stronger.

I think it’s implausible and gave my reasons.

In gentle kindness; those who only listen to their own opinions are most likely the sickest in the herd??

Your reasons were fine as one possibility, but there is nothing implausible about other possibilities (unless one has seen the terms of the MO). Nothing you said logically precludes other options.....