What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals - Round 1

Well,
Apart from 3 average calls (Rapira not Square, Strip and Strip) that lead to points for Titans.
I don’t think we deserved the chocolates with to many errors, offloads that didn’t seem on, dropped ball, average passes. Execution was missing in last 20mins when we seemed to be on top.
Locke didn’t seem effective and was targeted, was pretty unlucky with not actually being a held call when both feet of the ground in the ball he lost (with help of Rogers elbow), leading to Rogers try (after scrum).

Now need Dragons and Panthers to win, Tigers as a backup.
Not confident with that as Raiders and Roosters are looking good!

Rovelli

Bench
I'm fairly confident that the Dragons will win, but as you said, the Raiders and Roosters could well both win tomorrow and knock us out.

Positives out of the game:
Young boys got a taste of finals football.
Manu wasnt put off by his errors, kept his head up, scored a barn stormer of a try, made a lot of meters 150m+
Packer made some good carries and meters.
Lousi didnt look out of place.
First 15 minutes looked good.

Last edited:

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
We went fine. I'm pretty happy.

The refs shafted us, end of story.

We don't have the attacking game to come back if we get behind on the back of refs calls like we did. We need the game to stay an arm wrestle.

I hope Manu doesn't cop it as imo he was absolutely colossal, and Moon was entitled to catch that pass.

Looking forward to next week. imo we will be playing (and beating) the Roosters. Can't wait to rub it in Turdarm VigorousWrist's face.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
With every beer I'm getting more jovial about this loss. I reckon they'll let us get up next week. Jerome ("drop him for Moon!") Ropati might even be back to not slap like a demented dolphin at Manu's offloads.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Put that first GC try down to the terrible penalty given to get them in position and then as usual Hohaia caught out of position at the back. I've been saying it for ages Hohaia is very poor positionally and defensively as a fullback.

Scenarios:
Dragons, Panthers & Tigers win we play Tigers. (Manly, Raiders out)
Dragons, Panthers & Roosters win we play Roosters. (Manly, Raiders out)
Dragons, Raiders & Tigers win we play Tigers. (Manly, Roosters out)
Dragons, Raiders & Roosters win we are GONE. (with Manly)
Manly, Panthers & Tigers win we play Manly (Raiders, Rosters out)
Manly, Panthers & Roosters win we are GONE (with Tigers)
Manly, Raiders & Tigers win we are GONE (with Roosters)
Manly, Raiders & Roosers win we are GONE (with Tigers)

(please correct me if I'm wrong, its late)

Fast Eddie

First Grade
And on Moon I thought he played pretty well. Packer went well, Tate, Lillyman and Mannering as well.

nibbs

Bench
we were the better side for the first 25 minutes of the second half. but for some reason we never went to our pet play, the bomb to big fkn manu. how fkn annoying.

absolute bs imo. badger rogered us. archer tried to fist us, but must learn that you can't punch someone is the asshole and expect it to work

Fast Eddie

First Grade
But really did anyone expect any thing over than Titans to get the rub of the green going into the game? One of those things that pretty much comes with home ground advatage. We were shafted in the first half but some stupid play let us down. Hopefully we get another crack at it. But I feel as a team we're just not quite there yet, missing a couple of pieces.

nzinmelb

Juniors
Personally, I think we lost that ourselves. Yes, there were a few calls that went against us (which is expected in a game the Warriors play in), but too many errors and a lack of execution when we had the ball in their half let us down. IMO Locke had a poor game, tried in the second half but I kinda expect more of him by now. Also, can anyone give me a reason why out of our back three, only Manu runs back the ball at pace? Hohaia and Locke seem to canter back and didn't trouble the Titans defensive line on the kick returns. Should have taken a leaf out of Zillman's book, had a great game.

TheFrog

Coach
I don't know that the Titans had the better of the calls overall, or even if so that it was the deciding factor. The deciding factor was that when the Titans applied the blowtorch in the final 15 minutes of the first half, the Warriors capitulated. The first 15 minutes of each half belonged to the Warriors, but the Titans kept it together far better under pressure. This Titans side seem to be good at that, it happened last week too.

The Warriors looked dangerous at times and may still have a part to play in this comp.

One Warrior

Bench
I think our young guys will learn a lot from this game, will be all the better for it next week (hopefully). Matulino seemed a bit flat tonight, Packer and Rapira were awesome again. Ropati and Hendo should be back next week. Best moment of the game was Manu's try, breaking Stacey's record, Manu put on some great hits too.

Meth

Staff member
The Titans won it. They capitalized on the opportunities that we and the referees gave them. That's what you have to do.

Personally, I was disappointed with our bench- particularly Ta'ai and Matulino. We noticeably dropped off when Rapira and Packer first subbed off.

Why wasn't Mara playing? We honestly could have used him, and he should have been there ahead of Lousi IMO

I hate Gavin Badger.

Skinner

Coach
The Titans won it. They capitalized on the opportunities that we and the referees gave them. That's what you have to do.

Personally, I was disappointed with our bench- particularly Ta'ai and Matulino. We noticeably dropped off when Rapira and Packer first subbed off.

Why wasn't Mara playing? We honestly could have used him, and he should have been there ahead of Lousi IMO

I hate Gavin Badger.

This

Warmess

Juniors
The 'big bench' style really only works if you can get repeat sets and smash them early on, to reap the benefits later. We seemed to get bullied into playing the old, non-disciplined style I hoped was gone. Game swung when Rapira made that silly play (regardless of whether or not he was square, the refs always ping that move).

Disappointing games from Locke, Ta'ai and Matulino. Seemed to spread from there.

Hopefully we survive, because I think the young guys would have learned a lot from that game.

Rich102

Staff member
Personally, I think we lost that ourselves. Yes, there were a few calls that went against us (which is expected in a game the Warriors play in), but too many errors and a lack of execution when we had the ball in their half let us down. IMO Locke had a poor game, tried in the second half but I kinda expect more of him by now. Also, can anyone give me a reason why out of our back three, only Manu runs back the ball at pace? Hohaia and Locke seem to canter back and didn't trouble the Titans defensive line on the kick returns. Should have taken a leaf out of Zillman's book, had a great game.

I agree. Big difference in the speed of the Titans play-the-ball & ours.

Scott

Bench

I hate Gavin Badger.

This. That was easily the worst Ben has played this year, he was appalling!

How the f**k does Badger still have a job?