What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals scenario

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Assuming we lost. Stay on 28 pts.

Raiders play Brisbane in Brisbane. Rabbits play Dragons away.

Best case:

Raiders and Rabbits get beat. Stay in 7th.

Worst case:

Rabbits (gather in pts diff of -10) and Raiders win. Finish 9th.

We win and go to 30pts

best:

Warriors and Roosters lose (unlikely) and we win to finish 5th.

worst:

8th. It would require raiders to make up -37 diff plus whatever we won by. All other teams on 30pts would need to win.

dikefalos

Juniors
I believe we will beat the bulldogs to finish 6th which means we will likely play either the panthers or tigers. It is irrelevant on current form we wont win a finals game i believe our season was over after round one with that devastating loss to the tigers when we led with 20 points with 20 minutes to go it was compounded with the loss of brett stewart & david williams it seemed to set the tone for the season, i have never experienced a season like this as a manly supporter when we would absolutely dominate teams for the first 30 minutes then slowly fade for the rest of the game & struggle to score a point. This comes down to an inexperienced halves combination when a more steading influence is required to close out games. Coupled with some of the worst refereeing decisions i have seen against a manly team it has been one of the most frustrating seasons ever. Baring injuries 2011 could be our year the key again will be our halves where we will start all over again after the loss of hodkinson to the bulldogs but we will field a 17 which should look like this:

1.b.stewart
2d.williams
3s.matai
4j.lyon
5m.robertson
6k.foran
7d.cherry-evans
13g.stewart
12s.rodney
11a.watmough
10j.king
9m.ballin
8b.kite

14.g.rose
15t.williams
16j.galavao
17m.cross

nomis88

Juniors
I believe we will beat the bulldogs to finish 6th which means we will likely play either the panthers or tigers. It is irrelevant on current form we wont win a finals game i believe our season was over after round one with that devastating loss to the tigers when we led with 20 points with 20 minutes to go it was compounded with the loss of brett stewart & david williams it seemed to set the tone for the season, i have never experienced a season like this as a manly supporter when we would absolutely dominate teams for the first 30 minutes then slowly fade for the rest of the game & struggle to score a point. This comes down to an inexperienced halves combination when a more steading influence is required to close out games. Coupled with some of the worst refereeing decisions i have seen against a manly team it has been one of the most frustrating seasons ever. Baring injuries 2011 could be our year the key again will be our halves where we will start all over again after the loss of hodkinson to the bulldogs but we will field a 17 which should look like this:

1.b.stewart
2d.williams
3s.matai
4j.lyon
5m.robertson
6k.foran
7d.cherry-evans
13g.stewart
12s.rodney
11a.watmough
10j.king
9m.ballin
8b.kite

14.g.rose
15t.williams
16j.galavao
17m.cross

Hard to believe you just drop T-Rex from the wing. What he has only scored 16 tries this year. Also Wolfman's form last year was pretty bad.

cupid

Juniors
T-Rex would do much more damage in the second row, we need some more speed in the backs, we lack penetration, Hopefully DCE, Stewart and D.Williams can bring that back next year.

Scarves

Juniors
Trial is in September, depending on many different things including the number of witnesses, the number of points of law and evidence act secitions that are disputed and the amount of control the presiding judge wishes to exert upon the matter while it is being heard in court... well this matter could take some weeks to reach verdict.

Following that, if he is found not guilty, he should be totally focussed on next season. Any other court decision is sadly (for all concerned) not worth discussing on the Manly forum as it won't be a Manly issue any more.

Manly miss Brett Stewart like a farmer misses a good rain, that is the bottom line.

Last edited:

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Finals scenario now - Rabbitohs win by a converted try - GAME OVER for MANLY

Finals sceanrio now. We get flogged next weekend by the Dragons and Souths all p*ssoff to Russell's place for a bbq and watch all his $hitty movies.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Sunshine coast lost yesterday and are now out. With Matai likely to be serving a suspension I think we should look to move things around a bit. The halves are not working atm. JCE into halfback, Whare in for Matai. We may have lost another back rower too. Maybe Trex needs to go into 2nd row for Hoppa to the wing?

I don't know, and I know Des won't do it. I don't think there is much we can do that will win the game for us, but something needs a switch as we look stale and without spark.