What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Thread

DJDL

First Grade
Titans were robbed! Chris Cutlet is NOT an NRL standard ref.

Oh, hang on. He is the standard.

I'm starting to think he sets the standards.

There was an incident in our match last week where we got pinged for a late tackle on one of the Warriors players.
I was critical of it at the time, as the Warriors in the ensuing play marched ~40 metres upfield. When they fluffed the play at the end of it, he awarded the penalty back inside the 20.

Whichever game Grant Atkins refereed this weekend he did exactly the same thing.
Late tackle inside the 20, the attacking team made a break regardless, and ended up inside the opposition's half before spilling the ball. So he marched play back to the original infringement and awarded a penalty.

In both cases it was an immediate decision from the ref, no delayed reaction "I've just been advised by the bunker" bullshit. Just head way back downfield and award a penalty.

Which says to me they were both aware of it at the time and were playing an advantage.
Which further begs the question, is 40 metres of territorial gain not considered an advantage?

There is just so little common sense applied across the rules it does my head in.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I'm starting to think he sets the standards.

There was an incident in our match last week where we got pinged for a late tackle on one of the Warriors players.
I was critical of it at the time, as the Warriors in the ensuing play marched ~40 metres upfield. When they fluffed the play at the end of it, he awarded the penalty back inside the 20.

Whichever game Grant Atkins refereed this weekend he did exactly the same thing.
Late tackle inside the 20, the attacking team made a break regardless, and ended up inside the opposition's half before spilling the ball. So he marched play back to the original infringement and awarded a penalty.

In both cases it was an immediate decision from the ref, no delayed reaction "I've just been advised by the bunker" bullshit. Just head way back downfield and award a penalty.

Which says to me they were both aware of it at the time and were playing an advantage.
Which further begs the question, is 40 metres of territorial gain not considered an advantage?

There is just so little common sense applied across the rules it does my head in.
Yeah. The battle of rules versus edict. The rules say play the advantage, the edict tells them to crack down on certain things.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
So lose we play Knights or Cows. Win we play either those 2 or Penrith or Roosters?
330p Saturday confirmed

Correct lose play the winner of knight cow
Win week off and remain on our side of draw meaning could only play Melb again If in GF and likely end up with roosters in Prelim imo cos Penrith would stay on their side and meet Melbourne