What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Week 1 - Tips & Crowds

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Natalie's Daddy said:
Get that sh1t out of here!

In the real sport

Eels - A tight win and not a high scoring game (Eels 22 def Warriors 20)
Bulldogs - They will get some revenge (Bulldogs 28 def Cowboys 22)
Sea Eagles - Outlast the Bunnies (Sea Eagles 30 def Rabbitohs 18)
Storm - Just too strong down in Melbourne on a warm sunny day (Storm 44 def Broncos 12)

So if I am right

Eels v Bulldogs - Eels to turn it on late after getting on top (Eels 32 def Bulldogs 20)
Cowboys v Warriors - Warriors to turn up hungry (Warriors 34 def Cowboys 30)

Then

Sea Eagles v Warriors - Warriors to take it to the Sea Eagles but fall short (Sea Eagles 28 def Warriors 24)
Storm v Eels - Down in Melbourne and not given a chance, Tim Smith to shine (Eels 30 def Storm 22)

Grand Final

Sea Eagles v Eels - Fresh from the victory against the Storm the Eels get a big start and the Sea Eagles come back late but can't bridge the deficit (Eels 22 def Sea Eagles 20)

We are know chance of wining a GF if thats whats in front of us:(

mightyeagle07

Juniors
Got my tik's yesterday!

WARRIORS V eels - by 13 @ 30,018

COWBOYS V bulldogs - by 1 @ 28,069

MANLY WARRINGAH v South Sydney - by 7 @ 22,890 STANDING ROOM ONLY! LOVE IT!

MELBOURNE V brisbane - by 26 @ 16,450

ALL CLOSE GAMES BUT ALL HOME TEAM WILL WIN....ILL BE BETTING ALL UP ON THAT....

SEE YOU AT BROOKIE

Jobdog

Live Update Team
All the matches this week are incredibly tough to pick (with the exception of the Storm)

Fri 8.30pm (6.30pm AEST): New Zealand Warriors v Parramatta Eels - 27,000

Score: Eels 20 Warriors 16

I didn't see the Eels match last week, but when you rack up 68 points in a game of footy, you must be doing something right. The Warriors were patchy in handing the spoon to the Panthers, and if they play like that this week, they'll get beaten. They are a tough nut to crack at Mt Smart, but I like the Eels in this one.

Sat 6.30pm: North Queensland Cowboys v Canterbury Bulldogs - 26,000

Score: Cowboys 26 Bulldogs 20

The Cowboys made the Dogs look second rate for 60 minutes of the match last week, but as soon as JT went off, they fell apart. The Dogs most likely will be without SBW and that will be a huge loss. The Cowboys at DFS are difficult to beat and with Thurston and Bowen in great form, the Cowboys should get home.

Sat 8.30pm: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles v South Sydney Rabbitohs - 22,000

Score: Eagles 24 Rabbits 14

Manly at Brooky, on a Saturday night under lights, there is arguably no tougher task other than Olympic Park first week of the semis. The Rabbits have had a successful season and aren't without their chances in this one. Over the years team seven has had a good record over team two, but I don't think that will continue this week. Manly scraped home against the Dragons last week and have been fumbling their way through the last month. They should win this though.

Sun 3.45pm: Melbourne Storm v Brisbane Broncos - 15,000

Score: Storm 32 Broncos 12
The easiest match of the first week of finals takes us to Olympic Park. The Storm have won 29 of their last 30 here and just won't lose. The Broncos will be competitive for about 60 minutes before the Storm run away with it. The Broncos say goodbye to Petero and the Storm say hello to their second successive preliminary final.

This will mean we say goodbye to Souths and Brisbane. Melbourne and Manly get the second week off and the Cowboys play Parramatta and the Dogs play the Warriors.

sooperdooper

First Grade
warriors v eels - my tip eels 13+ crowd = 23.450
cowboys v dogs - my tip cowboys 1-12 crowd = 22750
manly v souths - my tip Souths 1-12 crowd = 19.250
storm v broncos - my tip Storm 1-12 crowd = 13.000

eels_fan_01

Bench
sooperdooper said:
warriors v eels - my tip eels 13+ crowd = 23.450
cowboys v dogs - my tip cowboys 1-12 crowd = 22750
manly v souths - my tip Souths 1-12 crowd = 19.250
storm v broncos - my tip Storm 1-12 crowd = 13.000

Few problems here. Warriors has already sold out with a crowd of 29 thousand. Cowboys has sold that many tickets aready so they will easily get 25 thousand. Manly will push 20 thousand in there. Storm/Broncos has nearly sold that many tickets now.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Warriors v Eels
Cowboys v Bulldogs
Sea Eagles v Rabbitohs
Storm v Broncos

All games will be sell-outs

LESStar58

Referee
Warriors vs Eels- 29, 000- Warriors by 14
Cowboys vs Bulldogs- 24, 500- Dogs by 6
Eagles vs Bunnies- 18, 000- Bunnies by 4
Storm vs Broncos- 15,000- Storm by 8

effnic

Bench
All home teams for me.
Warriors V Eels
Cowboys V Bulldogs
Sea Eagles V Rabbitohs
Storm V Broncos

caylo

Bench
Red Bear said:
Friday - Warriors vs Parra - Sell Out
Saturday 6:30 - Nth Qld vs Bulldogs - sell out
Saturday 8:30 - Manly vs Souths - Sell Out
Sunday - Storm vs Brisbane - Sell Out but could be affected by AFL

Warriors in a cracker of a game. Nth Qld easy win. Souths the traditional 7th vs 2nd upset. Storm to anhilate brisbane, a team that shouldnt be near the finals having won just 11/24 games.

Warriors to beat the Eagles in second week, Parra to beat Souths

Cowboys to be slaughtered by the Warriors, shown for the pathetic team they are.
Parra to cause an upset on Storm, tears to flow again.

Warriors vs Parra GF to be an absolute craker of a match, with Tim Smith to kick the winning feild goal for parramatta

you made a small error, don't worry i fixed it for u