What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Week 1 - Tips & Crowds

Rovelli

Bench
If the Dogs turn up, and that's a big if, they'll beat the Cowboys.

Don't expect them run down a 38-10 deficit though....JT will stay on to complete the rout this time

Hurriflatch

Referee
If SBW plays and Thurston gets taken out
Dogs win

otherwise Cowboys

Storm to destroy Broncos
Manly to beat Souths but a close game may even go golden point

Eels to beat Warriors by 6 but both teams get around 30 pts

Red Bear

Referee
Friday - Warriors vs Parra - Sell Out
Saturday 6:30 - Nth Qld vs Bulldogs - sell out
Saturday 8:30 - Manly vs Souths - Sell Out
Sunday - Storm vs Brisbane - Sell Out but could be affected by AFL

Warriors in a cracker of a game. Nth Qld easy win. Souths the traditional 7th vs 2nd upset. Storm to anhilate brisbane, a team that shouldnt be near the finals having won just 11/24 games.

Warriors to beat the Eagles in second week, Parra to beat Souths

Cowboys to be slaughtered by the Warriors, shown for the pathetic team they are.
Parra to cause an upset on Storm, tears to flow again.

Warriors vs Parra GF to be an absolute craker of a match, with NZ prevailing

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I knew they're a bit slow over the ditch but that's unbelievable :crazy:

ouwet

Bench
jimmy_the_greek said:
the last 20 looked promising, which i hope we walk into saturday's game with that attitude.

even without Williams (i think he will get rougly around 2 weeks), it would be good to see Te Maari back in FG.

Hopefully Te Maari comes back!

IF we turn up to play with a simple game plan we will win!
All we need to do is to grind the game out and take them up the middle... No fancy crap, all we do is knock it on, give away stupid penalties and before we know it, the Cowboys are winning by 28.

Bulldogs by 18 IF we play simple, if not Cowboyz by 18 lol.

Shorty

Staff member
Red Bear said:
Cowboys to be slaughtered by the Warriors, shown for the pathetic team they are.
Oh that's charming:roll:
Makes me want the Eels to wipe the floor with the Warriors and see the look on your arrogant faces.

Anyway.

Cowboys-More hope than confidence,never underestimate Bulldogs.
Warriors-Home advantage.
Rabbits-Tip an upset,too much intensity.
Storm-Breezing through yet another game.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
BlacK_WhitE_N_BluE said:
Swans
Geelong
Port
Crows.

Get that sh1t out of here!

In the real sport

Eels - A tight win and not a high scoring game (Eels 22 def Warriors 20)
Bulldogs - They will get some revenge (Bulldogs 28 def Cowboys 22)
Sea Eagles - Outlast the Bunnies (Sea Eagles 30 def Rabbitohs 18)
Storm - Just too strong down in Melbourne on a warm sunny day (Storm 44 def Broncos 12)

So if I am right

Eels v Bulldogs - Eels to turn it on late after getting on top (Eels 32 def Bulldogs 20)
Cowboys v Warriors - Warriors to turn up hungry (Warriors 34 def Cowboys 30)

Then

Sea Eagles v Warriors - Warriors to take it to the Sea Eagles but fall short (Sea Eagles 28 def Warriors 24)
Storm v Eels - Down in Melbourne and not given a chance, Tim Smith to shine (Eels 30 def Storm 22)

Grand Final

Sea Eagles v Eels - Fresh from the victory against the Storm the Eels get a big start and the Sea Eagles come back late but can't bridge the deficit (Eels 22 def Sea Eagles 20)

yobbo84

Coach
Warriors v Eels - Warriors by 14
Cowboys v Dogs - Bulldogs by 4
Sea Eagles v Rabbitohs - Sea Eagles by 8 (hope I'm wrong though!)
Storm v Broncos - Storm by 32

RHYTHM AND STEALTH said:
From Radiosport nz

Zealand league fans are confused about the start time for Friday's Warriors' home semi-final.

New Zealand league fans are confused about why this week's Warriors match will be starting a little later than normal. The game will kick off at Mount Smart Stadium in Auckland at 8.30 this Friday night.

Warriors' chief executive Wayne Scurrah says the game will be televised live into Australian homes, so the time has been set to accommodate Channel 9's nightly news programme. Mr Scurrah says the channel has to can one of their other shows to air the match, so he says it is a pretty reasonable compromise.

This will be The Warriors' first home play-off match since 2002.
9 aren't showing it live it's a 30min delay.

Rod

Bench
Warriors by 1-6 - Another heartstopper for Warriors fans.
Bulldogs by 1-6
Sea Eagles by 13-18
Storm by 7-12

Malawingi

Juniors
warriors 22 - 20 Eels
Cowboys 26 - 36 Bulldogs
Sea Eagles 12 - 10 Rabbitohs (if heggarty plays then 32-10 to manly)
Storm 18 - 14 Broncos (a lot closer than some might expect)

Charlie124

First Grade
Eels - Will easily outclass the Warriors, more experience, more tallent, shouldn't pose much of a threat. +13
Cowboys - Will beat the Puppies with or without SBW (have done so twice already this year), wont be as easy as last week though, expect a closer scoreline. 1-12
Eagles - Could be an upset on the cards but most likely to be a hard fight to the end with the Eagles experience winning out. 1-12
Storm - I dont think the Broncos will be any more than a speed bump for the Storm, will coast through this one.