What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Week 1 vs. Titans Discussion + Voting

Broncos93

Juniors
I think we'll win this Saturday, I just can't see Titans going well in this finals series. I could be wrong, but I think their good year stops this weekend. I do believe we need Clinton in the side though. I'd be dropping McGuire to 18th man.

Pistol

Coach
I think we'll win this Saturday, I just can't see Titans going well in this finals series. I could be wrong, but I think their good year stops this weekend. I do believe we need Clinton in the side though. I'd be dropping McGuire to 18th man.

could be henjack keeping the titans guessing

Country Bronco

Juniors
Mcguire has been 18th man since being announced on official broncos website. Plus mcguire is ineligible to play toyota cup finals as he didn't play more than half the season with the side. But he did play toyota cup against the tigers tonight i was so wrong.

Last edited:

user_nat

Coach
Frustrating game. Could/should have won by 50 based on the first half. Credit to the Titans though, they were great after their intercept try.

Brisbane need to play for 80 to go far in the finals.

2. Falou
2. Hodges
2. Taylor

Couldn't decide what order I wanted them in.. so gave them all 2.

Also good: Most of the team.

Country Bronco

Juniors
Frustrating game. Could/should have won by 50 based on the first half. Credit to the Titans though, they were great after their intercept try.

Brisbane need to play for 80 to go far in the finals.

2. Falou
2. Hodges
2. Taylor

Couldn't decide what order I wanted them in.. so gave them all 2.

Also good: Most of the team.

2222222222222222222 2222 2. I've got a answering machine that will talk to you!!! It says 'Hey, how ya doing?' "Sorry, you can't get through!!!' 'Why don't you leave your name and your number and I'll get back to you'. Yeah, 80 minute effort would be good.

Okay. 3,2,1 for me.

Hodges, thrice.
Folau, twice.
Wallace, once.

Notable mentions Macca, Locks, Big Dave and Parks.

Last edited:

DeeJ

Bench
Good win, but it would have been nice to have really put them away after half time. I'll give credit to the Titans though for hanging in there and some of their trys were very skillful.

3. Wallace
2. Hodges
1. Taylor

Also I have to be critical of the tactic to put in Glenn at dummy half. I think McCullough is obviously capable of playing 80 mins and we lose a bit of structure when Glenn is in there. Best if he just stuck to the backrow.

Big Pete

Referee
Stoked about the victory, the Titans are another side on Skilled Park and to play as we did was very encouraging.

3. Peter Wallace
2. Dave Taylor
1. Israel Folau

Pete played his best game in a long time. Three try assists to his name and a 40/20. Good effort.

I'd give Hodges a special mention as well, really lifted and did extremely well setting up the first try to McCullough.

Onwards and Upwards boys!

user_nat

Coach
Also I have to be critical of the tactic to put in Glenn at dummy half. I think McCullough is obviously capable of playing 80 mins and we lose a bit of structure when Glenn is in there. Best if he just stuck to the backrow.

Agreed. McCullough gets more valuable as the game goes on. With forwards getting more tired.

Come on people.. Falou deserves votes, the guy got 3 tries.

Twigg

Juniors
3. Hodges
2. Wallace
1. Taylor

Typical bulls*it Broncos/Titans game. When we are dominating them at 30-10, out comes the ref - like in any Broncos/Titans game - and gives them a billion penalties and possession to make sure they catch up.

Seriously wtf was the penalty on Hodges when he got the ball and broke away at the Titans players 10m out from our line.

Must be the first game where 40 points does not gurantee you a win lol.

Now I don't know about you guys but I do not enjoy watching us play the Titans. It is predictable and frustrating -> Ie: They both share tries back and forth and it is always a high scoring game. The ref is always bias on the Tits.

Also one other thing. I saw in the "civil war" thread that there are a lot of broncos fans saying that the tits are their 2nd team. That is bulls*it! Do you think their fans treat us as a 2nd team? Of course not! They hate our guts and think they own QLD!:lol: When we first played them and they beat us Cartright said he wanted to start a war. Well he has a war and he has lost it!

Big Pete

Referee
And Cartwright is squirming like a little b***h.

"The refs were disgraceful"

Yeah tell us about it Cartwright, they kept you in the game!

user_nat

Coach
I loved Scott Prince going off at the referees a few times in the game. The refs were disgraceful, so Cartwright was right in some ways. It just didn't cost them the game.

Our U20s are looking good again this year.

Country Bronco

Juniors
I loved Scott Prince going off at the referees a few times in the game. The refs were disgraceful, so Cartwright was right in some ways. It just didn't cost them the game.

Our U20s are looking good again this year.

Here Here. Onward and upward. For the broncos.

Tamwelg

Juniors
Seriously wtf was the penalty on Hodges when he got the ball and broke away at the Titans players 10m out from our line.

I was at the game with my refs ears on and he called held a couple of times very loudly before Hodges took off down field.