What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals: Week 1

AuckMel

Bench
Friday Night: Hawthorn v Collingwood

Saturday: Adelaide v Sydney

Saturday Night: Geelong v Fremantle

Sunday: West Coast v North Melbourne

I'm picking only 1 close game this weekend and that's the sat arvo game.

Hawthorn by 40+ over the Pies. Adelaide by 8, Geelong by 38 and West Coast by 68 over a North Melbourne team who looked out of legs last week.

Tend to Disagree;

I think Friday night should be a belter Hawks by 15

Swans to just get over the line by 4

Wouldn't be at all surprised if the Dockers won, in saying that Cats by 20

Eagles will slaughter the Roos though. WC by 10 goals

CyberKev

Staff member
Its on...

Plenty of the usual OTT BS regarding Hawthorn's favouritism. They warrant favouritism, but not massively so, given Collingwood's talented roster and wealth of big game experience. Hawks by 12.

Geelong will have too much in reserve for Freo. Cats by 34.

The game in Adelaide should be suitably tight. I feel Sydney is the better side, at the moment, but Adelaide is in the better shape and has a top record against the Swans. Crows by 8.

West Coast will do it on the bit... Eagles by 60.

CyberKev

Staff member
Collingwood is about to receive a massive boost with Jordan Lewis expected to be ruled out of tonight's game for the Hawks.

D'OH!

AuckMel

Bench
If Hawthorn aren't rightful favourites I'll go heave. Never looked like losing tonight despite Cloke being on.

Absolutely killed us in the midfield. Mitchell was brilliant.

Make no bones about it, Hawthorn are the team to beat.

CyberKev

Staff member
If Hawthorn aren't rightful favourites I'll go heave. Never looked like losing tonight despite Cloke being on.

Absolutely killed us in the midfield. Mitchell was brilliant.

Make no bones about it, Hawthorn are the team to beat.

It was a good win tonight, but best not get too excited.

Its a very tight finals series and the Hawks are already taking personnel hits. Its still really quite open, for mine.

Very, very vigorous opening term.

Cloke and Jolly hit up our vulnerable points superbly and Collingwood did well to reduce Hawthorn's ball use efficiency.

Hawks did really well at big moments though and benefited again from having a multitude of scoring avenues.

Will need the week off though, shit, it was looking rosy (listwise) a fortnight ago :(

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
It was a good win tonight, but best not get too excited.

Its a very tight finals series and the Hawks are already taking personnel hits. Its still really quite open, for mine.

Very, very vigorous opening term.

Cloke and Jolly hit up our vulnerable points superbly and Collingwood did well to reduce Hawthorn's ball use efficiency.

Hawks did really well at big moments though and benefited again from having a multitude of scoring avenues.

Will need the week off though, shit, it was looking rosy (listwise) a fortnight ago :(

don't tell me you're not getting a semi after that effort

AuckMel

Bench
The only stumbling block for the Hawks out of the way after a great Freo win last night. Worst game so far involves the boring Swans which is no surprise.

That said, the Crows showed exactly what a weak draw can do to you.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
fat chance,

alot of fans form other clubs seem pretty happy that the Cats wont be around, some betting agencies had us second favourites but was never gonna happen cuz we only win the gf every second year

CyberKev

Staff member
And North's horrific finals century continues...

Smashed by 96pts today in what was, in fairness, a tough assignment.

Since they won the flag in 1999, however, they've only won two finals, both against Hawthorn (groan).

Outside of that, they've now lost the other 8 finals they've played by a combined total of 614 points (an average losing margin of around 13 goals!)

Latest posts