What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Week 2 vs Souths

rednwhites

Juniors
100% serious he made 3 school boy errors that were massive in this game.
- The stupid pass he threw when we were 20m out that went 40 meters forward because he cant pass left to right
- The defensive error leading to south's first try
- And not kicking on the last

But shit I don't want to sound bitter, because I am proud of the effort they all put in tonight so I will lay off.

Credit to Mary as well

If anything, Ben Hunt is the one who should have kicked the ball. He had more time than Mann.

Anyway, agreed, I am proud too.

Will probably re live the game several times over in my head and think how we could have easily won it but was a pleasant enough way to bow out if there is such a thing.

rednwhites

Juniors
The real tragedy here is not how we found a way to lose that game but how we crumbled and allowed ourselves to drop out of the 4. That's what ultimately what cost us this season.

I hope there is a succession plan for who sits in the coach's box. We have to be better placed.

SaintPauli

Juniors
What a tremendous game by all our boys.
So many things such as missing players and incompetant ref decisions
Against us.

I still believe having all our team on the field we were the best team this year.

Bring on 2019 with Luc and Zac on our weekly team.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Do we all think McInness is still an upgrade?

That unforced, unnecessary and unforgivable error swung vital momentum in Souths’ favour.

But hey, let’s blame the halves.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
How do you let 3 field goals in, 2 in 2 minutes! f**k! Lost opportunity, reminded me a lot of the effort we made in that Canterbury semi a few years back - heroic effort but managed to lose a very winnable game

The Damo

Juniors
Ah gods dammit.
Awesome game.
Awesome effort from the team. Missing our best forward and our 5/8 and losing Sims and just going down at the death. No shame there.
Comes down to to two moments, and we were on the wrong side of them.
I can see what Hunt was thinking, we had an overlap, Mann just didn’t tip on to Field. Not knocking him, he gave it everything.
I haven’t been that wired through a game since 2010.
Great effort. Great game.

giboz71

First Grade
Ah gods dammit.
Awesome game.
Awesome effort from the team. Missing our best forward and our 5/8 and losing Sims and just going down at the death. No shame there.
Comes down to to two moments, and we were on the wrong side of them.
I can see what Hunt was thinking, we had an overlap, Mann just didn’t tip on to Field. Not knocking him, he gave it everything.
I haven’t been that wired through a game since 2010.
Great effort. Great game.

Yep nailed it.

Not knocking Mann but this is where we missed Widdop. Widdop would have worked out what Hunt was thinking.

Mann passes to Field and it would have been a different story and we'd all be saying how gutsy Hunt was.

OzDragon

Coach
Do we all think McInness is still an upgrade?

That unforced, unnecessary and unforgivable error swung vital momentum in Souths’ favour.

But hey, let’s blame the halves.
The souffs playe made zero attempt to clear the ruck, as they should do. It should’ve been penalty to us or just play on.

In saying that, There’s only been 2 penalties since the rule change mid season. Both against us, both against McInnes. He should’ve known better.

boardlumps62

Juniors
My take we just ran out of puff forwards got tired space for souths hooker to run who we let go mind you. Then a couple of crap decisions on the last. And never think touch footy player will ever make a rugby league player. A rugby league player might make a good touch footy player.