1. Out Now:

The next edition of our exclusive weekly online e-magazine is here. The Front Row is your ideal guide to NRL Round 13 and Super League Round 8, with news, features, results, reports, teamlists, match stats and previews to accompany your weekend of footy viewing ahead.

This week's feature story is a history piece from Andrew Ferguson, with an insight into the life of the man who refereed the first NSWRFL first grade match in 1908 - Ted Hooper.

There's all the regular bits - the crossword and word jumbles, last week's wrap of results, reports, the ladder, stats leaders, match review and player of the year; plus your match program, with teamlists, player stats, head-to-head stats, match info and a full preview of every game of the NRL. There's also a detailed Super League program section.

EDITION 11 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Finals Week 2 vs Souths

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by getsmarty, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Saints111

Saints111 Juniors

We defended well. But god our attack was horrible. Not a set play clicked . I'm glad we're out this game then having to deal with it against the roster

2. blacksafake

blacksafake Guest

How can you not be proud of them tonight. Defensively outstanding against the number 1 attack with a seriously weakened side. Sure some things could have been done better but under the circumstances I’m not gonna complain & I’d hope most on here don’t as well.
    Plenty of positives came out of this performance & few negatives.

3. Lovemedragons

Lovemedragons Juniors

I suspect that last tackle play was our all or nothing, they had nothing left after some heroic defence and knew they needed something special to get over the line. It didn't come off, the result was likely going to be the same, let's face it we were hardly going to snap a field goal, we had no idea.

4. rednwhites

rednwhites Juniors

Awesome running game. What you think of his try?

5. Saints111

Saints111 Juniors

I cant get over that coconut

6. Coffs dragon

Coffs dragon Bench

Proud of all the team, it was another real gutsy effort. We were the better for at least 75 minutes, but let Souths dominate for 5 minutes with some errors & shit refereeing.
    In the end it was injuries that brought our season to an end. We were very lucky all season but copped it at the end when it most matters.

Life's Good, Tuddy and blacksafake like this.
  7. Saints111

Saints111 Juniors

Oh wow. One run, wowww. What did you think of his last tackle option on his own half , that lead to the bunnies try? Huh

8. jeffdragon

jeffdragon Juniors

Hes at his best when. He runs the ball.

9. Brutalitops

Brutalitops Juniors

Who are you referring to here?

10. Saints111

Saints111 Juniors

I love my team, but you dont have to dikride them when they have nothing going on. There attack was hopeless, they defended with their lives on the line, fifth tackle options, nothing happening. I blame the halfback

11. rednwhites

rednwhites Juniors

My advice to all is just try and not think about that game too much because I know from experience it will absolutely do your head in.

There are some decisions that need to be made at our club the next couple years. I think the last two weeks showed we have some finals credibility, and we are not going out ashamed of our team despite one glaring error.

We do need to be serious about righting this post origin dilemma. I have to hand it to Mary for getting the team up the last two weeks but 4 years straight we've sabotaged our season well before any finals were played. He seems to find a way of saving himself, and I suspect he gets his final year now. Not if I was running the joint.

12. brokendigit

brokendigit Juniors

I think this has been overlooked somewhat: They forced Hunt to make 30 odd tackles, we made Reynolds make about 12. Massive difference in juice left in the final 10mins.
    Solid tactics by Siebold.

13. rednwhites

rednwhites Juniors

Fair enough. Second half didn't offer much in attack it is true. Can't argue with that.

Saints111 likes this.
  14. Dragon Blood

Dragon Blood Juniors

I gotta stick up for Hunt here. He tried his guts out and you ca t blame him entirely for the loss.

Yep it wasnt his best kicking game tonight, but Souffs got a sniff and were up in our faces especially towards the end, and kept us in our half. We switched off and waited for them at the line which gave Reynolds the better field position to pot the 3 field goals.

There was a few dodgy calls that went Souffs way and they were allowed to play grubby by the refs. Inglis is a grub and it was his head that connected with Tariqs knee.

So all in all not entirely Hunts fault, it needs to be shared amongst the rest of the team and refs,

blacksafake likes this.
  15. Dragon Blood

Dragon Blood Juniors

:D
    At least the girls won!!!!

Wooohooo

16. Saints111

Saints111 Juniors

He may off. But mate hes performance is certainly not worth 1 million dollars.

17. Old Timer

Old Timer Coach

Because stupidly De Belin got in the line and after that we were forced to run the ball as everyone got flat footed

blacksafake likes this.
  18. rednwhites

rednwhites Juniors

I reckon the bloodthirsty media will give it to him for not being able to finish off that game but I really hope not. He's a bit of a fragile state of late and it would be nice to just see him get some space. Some things are bigger than a game of footy, even though it's a big one. He tried hard. Hopefully next year he can get it all right when it matters.

19. Brutalitops

Brutalitops Juniors

If you blame Hunt for that match you're cooked. His defence was immense and he scored our only try. Get off his back and accept that, sometimes, there's not necessarily a blame guy for a hard fought loss

ALSGI, Life's Good, SBD82 and 4 others like this.
  20. aquiin

aquiin Juniors

Good effort in a scrappy game at the end of a warm day.

Aside from losing Sims, that non trip call and bad end to the set changed the momentum of the game. We should have gone on with it and not given them a sniff.

I wish we went for the jugular and selected Robson. It was his sort of game late.

Dragon Blood, jeffdragon and JDHD like this.