What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finch or Firman

Who should be starting halfback next year?

• Finch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Firman

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pyro

Juniors
I personally don't like the idea of moving the Halfback of the Year out of position. I also think that Brett Finch was our most consistant player this season and will have a large say in any Premiership aspirations the Roosters have next season. I think Brett Firman will play Five-eighth, with Snags at Halfback.

Johns Magic

Referee
Finch is useless. No offence, but you have so many better options. He is a choker, and uncapable of winning you a premiership. He doesn't take on the line aenough for my liking, and crabs across-field.

pyro

Juniors
I am biased on this matter as i am a big fan of Brett Finch. But please don't think i am trying to argue or anything because i don't intend it to come across that way.

Throughout the season i found that in certain games when we seemed to be down and couldn't seem to score, Snags would come up with one little play that would break the game open and we would come into out rythm and score some points. He also took alot of pressure off Freddy and took more control of the game and playmaking. He became a leader in the team. His defence is brilliant. Snags was the Halfback of the Year as i mentioned in my previous post, and he also led the competition for try assists. IMO with the Roosters 2005 outside backs around him, Snags could cause some real trouble. Having prolific try scorers in, Minichiello, Cross, Walker, Monaghan and Roberts around him can only improve his game and widen his range of options. It will also bring his attacking kicking game more into our attack as this season we seemed weak under the high ball (Minichiello, Monaghan and Roberts are all excellent under the high ball) and didn't use an attacking kicking game as much as the other top 4 teams. We maintained a passing attack plan. Perhaps the biggest weakness in Snags' game is his running game, but IMO he makes up for that with a great kicking and exceptional passing game.
I really think that if Snags wasn't to play Halfback next season his game could suffer and if one of the playmakers' games is suffering, the Roosters will
suffer.

Just my thoughts on Brett Finch and why he should play Halfback in 2005.

Julz

Juniors
I would choose Finch. Firman has been injured ofr a while now and I don't think he's ready for the big job

ozzie

Bench
Julz said:
I would choose Finch. Firman has been injured ofr a while now and I don't think he's ready for the big job

this is really a dead issue as Firman is playing halfback and it would appear finch will play halfback..

Status
Not open for further replies.