What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finucane suspension

Frailty

First Grade
The Sharks will take the early plea like they always do. Sharks have been getting f**ked over by the MRC this season the Sharks just cop it.

Meanwhile, not a single Panther has been suspended this season. In fact, I'm pretty sure the last Panther suspended was Api for breaching COVID protocols.

Craigshark

First Grade
Why wasn't Isaiah Yeo charged for his head high during the act of scoring on Moylan? Kikau's shoulder charge.

No wonder Atkins was silent in the bunker. He had nothing to do

exactly. Was a lot worse then the hit on rapana by Trindall against the raiders last season. So much bullshit inconsistency

soc123_au

Staff member
Pretty rough given he is usually pretty clean. I thought it was on the reckless side as he didn’t have a lot of control. Pretty lucky really that he didn’t hit him high. That said not hitting him high is kind of the point. It could have ended up like Latrell on Manu, but it didn’t so there should be no charges.

Poss

Juniors
I reckon we will fight it. Fitz in the presser was pretty adamant that it was head on head. Usually he pulls the card “I’ll have to have another look at it, we only get limited views in the coaches box”.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I've really enjoyed the footy this year but it's like living your best life with a cancerous growth on your face. Whoever runs the MRC needs to be surgically removed. We shouldnt fight it though, recklessness means lack of care in his hit up. Hard to argue against however you see it because it's the MRCs pov.

Omnishark2

Juniors
Our defence should be pretty straightforward:
Did Finucane contact the head with his shoulder or arm - No.
Did Finucane lead with his head, intentionally or accidentally - No.
It was an accidental head clash in a strong tackle.

If they are going to start suspending accidental head clashes, about 20 players should have been suspended for it so far this season.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Our defence should be pretty straightforward:
Did Finucane contact the head with his shoulder or arm - No.
Did Finucane lead with his head, intentionally or accidentally - No.
It was an accidental head clash in a strong tackle.

If they are going to start suspending accidental head clashes, about 20 players should have been suspended for it so far this season.

And another 20 more before the year ends.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Yeah all that is true but the people behind the scenes will just do what they are told. We are dead.

Generalzod

Immortal
They should get rid off the bunker yesterday in the game between Canberra and the Warriors there where 2 identical strip of the ball ruled differently..

shadowboxer

First Grade
Don’t know about losing respect for the club by not fighting it - they are and have always been on a hiding to nothing in this type of thing, always.
We fight it and lose, Dale gone for what 4-5 weeks and all the hoopla in the media around it. This stuff never ends well.

Don’t know about losing respect for the club by not fighting it - they are and have always been on a hiding to nothing in this type of thing, always.
We fight it and lose, Dale gone for what 4-5 weeks and all the hoopla in the media around it. This stuff never ends well.
2 with early plea, 3 if he fights it i thought i read. Could be wrong though.

Frenzy.

Immortal

Where's that come from? He fights and loses it's 3 weeks

Frailty

First Grade
I'm telling you the Sharks will not fight this charge. Just like they didn't fight the grading or charge for Nikora's "hip drop". I don't know whether it's they don't want to pay the legal fees or that they feel the NRL will look kindly on them for it (which is just wrong).

Sharks, when they accept the early plea, will have the most games missed due to suspensions this season. If they challenged charges more, I guarantee the MRC would not be inclined to charge Sharks players as much.