What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fire Up Raiders Fans, This is It

thickos

First Grade
Well despite the perceived 'injustices' from the officials last Saturday night, and two tough losses in a row, IMO the team is going very well. In losing it was probably our best performance of the season.

Despite the loss, be proud of your team!

Compared to last season, we've found our grit and spirit once again. Look at the little blokes - Josh Miller, Alan Tongue, Lincoln Withers - tackling their hearts out. Sure the attack has struggled at times this season but the boys are giving it their all.

We've proved all the experts wrong who tipped us for the wooden spoon. Once again the Raiders are in the mix for the finals, testimony to the character of the club. Even if we do miss the eight, I think it has been a successful year. To be honest I think everyone feared that 2005 could have been a train wreck, and despite some low points we've stuck it up the critics once more. I think we've earned more respect this season than last year when we fell ass over face into the semis.

Just because we're out of the eight at the moment, this race isn't over. It would be going against the character of the team to give up now. But as fans we cannot give up either!

10 points still to claim. Get out to as many games as you can. Send messages of support. C'mon, let's rally - put the negativity and critical analysis aside for awhile - FIRE UP and let's get the Green Machine into the finals - AGAIN!

Boing Boing

Juniors
Sanity prevails again, Thickos.

Let's bring the boys home starting this weekend.

Everyone needs to be in Bay 72 on Sunday. Everyone. We will have the giant Cross flag back on a pole, where it belongs, we need to be visual, vocal and vibrant and we need to overrun anything that resembles a Tigers army with our voices.

We are The Army,
The Mighty Mighty Army...

Raider Azz

Bench
the fanatics will be sitting right next to us in bay 71, which means we need to get as many numbers as possible and sing as loud as we can so we can show them why we are the number 1 supporters group in the league!

Boing Boing

Juniors
Raider_Azz said:
the fanatics will be sitting right next to us in bay 71, which means we need to get as many numbers as possible and sing as loud as we can so we can show them why we are the number 1 supporters group in the league!

Everyone listen in to 1053 2CA tomorrow, I'll be giving the Ol' Raiders Army a good plug!

thickos

First Grade
I also think, for 5 weeks - let's leave the Elliott bashing out of it, support the whole group. Hell I'll even stop giving it to Gafa. We've got all off-season to bag out people.

Gafa has been OK the last couple of weeks. Hasn't been too involved but has done his job without erros and created a few attacking opportunities.

woodgers

Bench
Yeah the Gafa bashing has ceased ever since I heard he swapped t-shirts with an Army member after the Parra game saying he had wanted a BELIEVE shirt for ages.

GAFA FOR CAPTAIN

Raider_69

Post Whore
ok ill will make an effort to stop the bisexual matt and elliot bagging :d
COME ON BOYS!

Raiders Rock

Juniors
Great thread Stu, We can do it so let's get behind the team at get 'em over the line.

It'd be great if we made the eight and the Rortsters missed out wouldn't it!! I'd even consider trawling the Rortsters forum and leaving a message of sympathy for our ole' mate "Rooster C0ck-Burn"

Raider_69

Post Whore
id definately look to the Wall and leave old mate Monnas a message saying good luck with with the premiership :lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
benmeyer said:
That didn't make any sense, 69.

allow me to elaborate, id head to "the wall", the roosters supporters forum, troll around there and leave Joel Monaghan a message from raiders fans wishing him lucky with his quest for a premiership, would be humourous as he left this team IMO for money, rep honours and a premiership...

Boing Boing

Juniors
Ah, I see. I had no idea what the Wall was!!

it is funny, I remember him wanting glory, a rep jumper etc. now he's stuck with a team that won't get him any of those for at least the next 5 years. He's also been shown up to be worse than Gafa.

Raider_69

Post Whore
benmeyer said:
Ah, I see. I had no idea what the Wall was!!

it is funny, I remember him wanting glory, a rep jumper etc. now he's stuck with a team that won't get him any of those for at least the next 5 years. He's also been shown up to be worse than Gafa.

haha so true
and f**k me if thats not one of the most rewarding things to come from this season! :lol:

thickos

First Grade
Remember Ricky's quotes last year:

'This isn't about money - Joel wants to play for a good club.'

:lol:

ausraider

Juniors
thickos said:

Good onya ricky.Without Freedy they don't even look like a team let alone good team. lol

jed

First Grade
thickos said:

Play for a good club!
You used to play for a good club!
Play for a good club!
You used to play for a good club!