What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First coach to get the boot in 2007

Raider_69

Post Whore
Cumberland Throw said:
The new bloke at Canberra Niel Henry is it, is a special to go first.

you would hope a rookie coach with a largely rookie team would be given at least a year to prove himself
especially since they gave elliott 5 years

ShineDog

Juniors
Wayne Bennetts ultimate goal would be to coach the Doggies.
He has always wanted to coach the best team in the NRL.

Thus , Bennett could end up at the Doggies, as Folkes assistant in 07.

STSAE

Juniors
CC_Eagle said:
The only catalyst to provoke Hasler getting the boot is Manly winning our 1st wooden spoon.

"Safe as a house".

But as Will said, Toovey is the long term option.

Most of the Parramatta squad came into work yesterday and splurged on the TAB,pokies and cheap steak. Hagan sat talking to David Fairleigh for most of the time. Interesting.. ;)

What was even more interesting was Finch and Riddell trying for 1-2 hours to pick up, yet oh so gloriously fail under the eyes of dozens of punters. The last thing I saw was the duo chasing two birds out into the carpark as they attempted to make a getaway.

I can see that double act causing more than their fair share of trouble at various gambling and drinking establishments this year. Chuck Tim Smith in the mix and we will have the next 3 Stooges.

:D :D

Cant see any coach under the pump next year. And I cant see why so many think Hasler is in strife?? I think hes done a great job so far.

The Preacher

First Grade
Why is Nathan Brown always so high on the list in these type of threads ???

Preliminary finals 2 years in a row, and I didn't see him drop a ball, miss a tackle or give away a penalty in either game. I bet there are a few coaches around that would like his stats !! :)

miccle

Bench
The Preacher said:
Why is Nathan Brown always so high on the list in these type of threads ???

Preliminary finals 2 years in a row, and I didn't see him drop a ball, miss a tackle or give away a penalty in either game. I bet there are a few coaches around that would like his stats !! :)

Well the head coach from St Kilda got the arse despite his team making the finals etc... due to 'underperformance', so I guess a lot of people are taking the viewpoint that the Dragons have had really strong sides the past 3-4 years and have fallen down when it counts.

Regardless, I agree with you - I don't think any coach that has taken his team to the finals in previous years and always finished somewhere in the top 6 deserves to go at all.

I guess a lot of people also believe that the Dragons have lost quality cattle and are thinking (hoping maybe?) that they will fall down badly in 2007, but they still have a brilliant roster and will be right up there imo. Gasnier, Cooper, Head, Dean Young etc.. still a great lineup and some of the best gamebreakers in the comp.

mxlegend99

Referee
Elliott will not get sacked. No way. If we were going to sack a coach for under-performing, John Lang would've been sacked.

Also, no way will Elliott take the wooden spoon.

aids

Bench
Cleary depending on how well the warriors go.
NZ get a bit sack happy in the face of poor form

caylo

Bench
i think realy brown would be the only coach that could loss his position, but i dont think it will happen, because it prob would have happened already.
if murry has a bad season again the presure will be on in 2008, new coaches like smith, hagen, elliot, stuart etc will be given time, even if they struggle a little. Taylor will have pressure on him though if souths still struggle like they always do, but he is a young coach i think they will give him time

Misty Bee

First Grade
Stupid thread. Coaches get the boot for underperformance. Who can jusdge that before training eaven starts FFS?????

Latest posts