What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Coaching Casualty

Perth Red

Post Whore
Seems a bit harsh given he was always on a hiding to nothing with a small salary budget and no time to build a squad.
Rovers did their ex coach Chester a huge favour with Wakefield picking up their first win that probably saved his job this month.

Leigh Centurions former boss John Duffy has spoken about how “gutted” he is to have been sacked.

John Duffy said: “I am gutted that my time is up. I had a good chat with Derek and we agreed that something needed to change. We have not got the results we needed and now it is time for someone else to step in and hopefully get the first win and then some more.

“It’s a tough one for me as I love the club and the fans but I realise there have to be changes and that’s the way it goes. I started my coaching job at Leigh with nothing and we got to Super League. I always knew it was going to be a tough challenge and I’d like to wish the players all the best for the season.

Duffy "gutted" to have his time cut short at Leigh - Serious About Rugby League (seriousaboutrl.com)

Latest posts