What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Grade Team Knights v Storm Round 4

Misanthrope

Staff member
It is no different to some people on this board calling for Carmont or Perry's heads for the same reasons.

That's crap. Carmont and Perry are as consistent as they come.

Consistently sh*thouse.

Alex28

Coach
K-Man said:
It's clear us Thaiday appreciaters are not going to convince the rest of you at this point.
Now you know how us Seage appreciaters have felt for the last few years :p

Misanthrope

Staff member
Now you know how us Seage appreciaters have felt for the last few years :p

Seage supporters have it especially hard. They've got even less game time from which to base their arguments

RABK

Referee
No other player in the clubs history would have scored the try Thaiday did against the Bulldogs in round 3 of last year - the 35 metre evading 8 players dash. Not Tahu, O'Davis, MacDougall - no one.

Mark my words, he'll be our fullback by mid season and he'll be carving it up. Humble pie has just been put in the oven, prepare to gorge yourself.

Ben

Bench
I haven't read the entire thread but i'd like to add my two cents on Thaiday. Thaiday's first game back was not great, he made plenty of errors, lacked emphasis with his runs and positional play was terrible. Sure he didn't play well, but you cannot judge a player on 60 minutes of football. He just had offseason surgery on both of his ankles and players are expecting him to play his flashing football straight away.

Thaiday is a confidence player, when he is playing well he will be everywhere doing everything and look a million dollar player. But when things aren't going his way he vanishes, stumbles and dawdles towards the ball. And the only way to get his confidence going is to get him on the field and just play him off John's hip. It worked so well last year before he was unfortunately injured and once he starts scoring a couple of tries, he will start taking the line on. When he starts taking the line on there is no other player like him in the competition. He has the x-factor that no other players in our team have - and that is the raw ability to make something out of absolutely nothing. He can fabricate some sort of brilliance when we need it the most and that is Thaiday.

Jono078

Referee
TBH, Thaiday on Monday would have made quite a few breaks if he was wearing a tighter shirt :x

Was unlucky to not make a line break a few times..

Also is it me or is Thaiday not looking as bulky or as fit as last year? ... Then again that could be because of his loose jersey..

roopy

Referee
Jono078 said:
Also is it me or is Thaiday not looking as bulky or as fit as last year? ... Then again that could be because of his loose jersey..
He had a terrible off season with injury after injury and he was in PL to gain fitness. I think it is fair to say he is a mile short of peak fitness.

Jono078

Referee
roopy said:
He had a terrible off season with injury after injury and he was in PL to gain fitness. I think it is fair to say he is a mile short of peak fitness.
Ah ok then.

Well hopefully in a month or so he can be back to his best.

Stranger

Coach
K-Man said:
Exactly. I'd much rather have a chance at premiership glory than be a reasonable top 8 contender, and tha's realistically all we are with a mediocre forward pack and no genuinely brilliant outside backs like Hodges.

I think opposition teams fear Thaiday, he can just win games with his brilliance, and the potential of our side improves out of sight when he's on the field.
Opposition teams fear Thiaday?

Opposition halves see Thiaday at fullback and rub their hands like a fat kid about to eat a chocolate cake.

Thiaday gets a brilliant try every few games, but he will cost us a try every game.
He can win games with his brilliance, and he can lose a match all by himself.
Thiaday is an average player. Good talent, average player. For every bonus in his game there is a fault.

roopy

Referee
Jono078 said:
Ah ok then.

Well hopefully in a month or so he can be back to his best.
when he first came to the Knights he was terribly unfit - but he got himself up to firstgrade standard within 2 or 3 weeks. The guy can train.

Yosh

Coach
Thaiday playing impact hooker isnt too bad. Like Bowen in Origin. I think Kids should play fullback the whole game for us. We need his stability. And from the looks of it this awesome underthe high ball this year (not that he has been tested that harshly...)

CJKnight

Juniors
TBH I don't see a fit Thiaday or Seage pushing Kidley out of the fullback position. Smith has a plan to use him there and I doubt anything but injury would change that.

Unfortunately I think Seage is destined to play out the rest of his injury-prone career in PL and Thiaday will only get a game if Smith wants to use him off the bench to cover Kidley for another role (like he did with Polglase as well).