What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First QB taken in the 2010 draft

Shorty

Staff member
I think there is a big chance Tim will go first.
Before joining College there were heaps falling over themselves to sign him up, I realise it's not the same but he's only going to improve and he's big.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
NO chance, I repeat, NO chance Tebow goes first and a big chance he will not be amongst the Top 5 QB's taken. If you're adamant about this, you frankly just don't understand the college game in comparison to the pros. A lot of talented HS footballers are looking outside for Florida as their style of offense just isn't preparing them from the NFL. It wins College football games, though they continually see their "stars" overlooked.

Names I think you will see before Tebow; Sam Bradford, Jake Locker, Colt McCoy, Jimmy Clausen and possibly even Tony Pike.

Fin077

Juniors
I wont go into the whole first QB taken - enough people have said the same thing over and over. I know Tebow wont go #1 for sure though. He'll be picked up in the 2nd, maybe late 1st, but certainly not #1 overall. I personally dont like watching Florida play offence. If they do anything this year it's the D thats will get them there IMO.

As for people thinking the draft is just some kind of lottery in which teams either get lucky or not -Load of horsecrap.

Yes, there have been "busts" over the history of the draft, but thats to be expected. Scouts dont know everything thats going to happen in the future. Nobody does. They go off the information they have, what they see at the combine and senior days and make an informed choice....If a kid goes downhill from there, thats not necissarily their fault.

I personally love the draft and the whole scouting and combine etc that comes with it and wish the NRL would get something similar happening over here.

Shorty

Staff member
NO chance, I repeat, NO chance Tebow goes first and a big chance he will not be amongst the Top 5 QB's taken. If you're adamant about this, you frankly just don't understand the college game in comparison to the pros. A lot of talented HS footballers are looking outside for Florida as their style of offense just isn't preparing them from the NFL. It wins College football games, though they continually see their "stars" overlooked.

Names I think you will see before Tebow; Sam Bradford, Jake Locker, Colt McCoy, Jimmy Clausen and possibly even Tony Pike.
:roll:
Bit patronising aren't we?
I never said I was adament, but he's definitely a talented QB.
We'll see.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
:roll:
Bit patronising aren't we?
I never said I was adament, but he's definitely a talented QB.
We'll see.

Yeah, probably. You have no idea what you're on about as per the NRL.

Yes, talented at collegiate level ... so was Andre Ware. Troy Smith. Eric Crouch. The list goes on.

Forum bet action?

Big Tim

First Grade
If Bradford proves that his injury is minor he will not only be the 1st QB he will be the #1 pick..... unless the Lions get the #1, they will take someone like Suh or Okung.

I do like Clausen though.... the advantage he has is that he probably wont be the #1, so unlike Tebow and Bradford he probably wont have to stay around for the "stock dropping" senior year. He probably has the best position as he will probably get picked up mid-late 1st round and end up on a very competitive football team.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Another injury to the right shoulder for Bradford. Could force him to return for his senior year as his stock will be no where near as high enough to warrant #1 overall.

Fin077

Juniors
Another injury to the right shoulder for Bradford. Could force him to return for his senior year as his stock will be no where near as high enough to warrant #1 overall.

I agree. I'd see him being out for another 3 or 4 weeks now, meaning he'd get the last three games of the season aswell as a bowl game if the Sooners manage to get to one.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
It's a shame re: Bradford, as stated, he will now have to return for his Senior season if he is wanting to be a high first round pick. No team will touch him UNLESS of course he comes back and absolutely kills it with no ill effects. In any event, he will be gambling if he enters draft or at the least, possibly cost himself money.

I think Notre Dame's Jimmy Clausen is going to be a QB highly fancied right now. In a losing team, he was impressive vs USC today.

Tom155

Coach
It's a shame re: Bradford, as stated, he will now have to return for his Senior season if he is wanting to be a high first round pick. No team will touch him UNLESS of course he comes back and absolutely kills it with no ill effects. In any event, he will be gambling if he enters draft or at the least, possibly cost himself money.

I think Notre Dame's Jimmy Clausen is going to be a QB highly fancied right now. In a losing team, he was impressive vs USC today.
Clausen would be close to the top qb right now and not 2010 draft but matt barkley was impressive again

Big Tim

First Grade
Dont you have to be a Junior before you can declare? Or maybe its 3 yers of school....

Either way, Barkley is a pure Freshman so I wouldnt expect to see him nominate for the draft next season.

Tom155

Coach
Dont you have to be a Junior before you can declare? Or maybe its 3 yers of school....

Either way, Barkley is a pure Freshman so I wouldnt expect to see him nominate for the draft next season.
i know thats why i said not for the 2010 draft

Big Tim

First Grade
was referring to Bronco with my post. Should have hit the quote, but oh well.

That link was interesting. The guy said that Colt Brennan would be a first rounder.... seriously, a QB from Hawaii??!!??!!??!!

Latest posts