What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First structural change - Shane Millard gone

Was he the defence coach?
Great news if he was, “they” recognised that that was the problem and acted accordingly.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Glad to see both Collins and Millard gone, we’re always ridiculous appointments. Absolute dinosaurs but trusted by the paranoid Madge.

Assistant coach rumours are Shane Flanagan and Ryan Carr. Don’t know much about Carr so looked him up. Was coached by Madge at the Rabbits then became their NYC coach under him. Bit of a red flag there as I dont want Madge to just surround himself with his men like it felt with Millard/Collins, however he’s had some success with the lower grades. Then went and coached Featherstone in the 2nd division English comp and got them to 2nd. Is only 33 which I like.

If these come through I’d imagine Flanagan = defence, Carr = attack. Flanagan made the Sharks into a tough gritty side and Carrs an ex halfback so that’d make sense.

Flanagan would be an interesting selection.

He did nothing at the Dragons with Mary for that period, but I don't know how much control and influence he had.

The new coaching team will have to hit the ground running.

I liked Seib's idea of training for full pelt game conditions for 100 minute games, then the shorter real time game becomes physically and mentally easier.

Tigerm

First Grade
Glad to see both Collins and Millard gone, we’re always ridiculous appointments. Absolute dinosaurs but trusted by the paranoid Madge.

Assistant coach rumours are Shane Flanagan and Ryan Carr. Don’t know much about Carr so looked him up. Was coached by Madge at the Rabbits then became their NYC coach under him. Bit of a red flag there as I dont want Madge to just surround himself with his men like it felt with Millard/Collins, however he’s had some success with the lower grades. Then went and coached Featherstone in the 2nd division English comp and got them to 2nd. Is only 33 which I like.

If these come through I’d imagine Flanagan = defence, Carr = attack. Flanagan made the Sharks into a tough gritty side and Carrs an ex halfback so that’d make sense.
I agree with the assistants going, but I have seen no mention of Collins gone yet, its not in the WT site?

jason taylor

Bench
I agree with the assistants going, but I have seen no mention of Collins gone yet, its not in the WT site?
It was in the media. I recall one of the Fox Sports journalists crying about how the Tigers used one of the “good guys” of rugby league as a scapegoat

Mario chalmers

Juniors
I don't know what coaching credentials Millard has but I am pleased to see the back of him.

Ive never seen a professional NRL team stand as flat in attack as WT this season.

Alex Twal was overrunning the dummy half on every hit up.

There seemed to be no plan or strategy to anything we attempted in any game. Watching WT made me feel like I was watching a blind man play darts most weeks.

stryker

First Grade
Our attack was clunky, pedestrian, uninspired and lacking in vision/skill.
Our defence was even worse.
These two merkins should not only have been sacked, they should have been tarred and feathered. Useless lollipopers….