What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fishing - Does anyone on here know much about it?

BWNB

First Grade
Bazal said:
I'm a huge fan of the Storm shads when fishing the flats in the Hunter. I have pulled many a 65cm plus flattie out on these, as well as school jew up to 7kg...The Squidgies are a safe bet too, a small or medium single tail grub is effective on everything from sand whiting to big dusky flathead...

I havnt used many storm ones , but i hear they are very good i got my best fish drifting over bonivale on a Atomic stickbait. It was 66cm

Bazal

Post Whore
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
I havnt used many storm ones , but i hear they are very good i got my best fish drifting over bonivale on a Atomic stickbait. It was 66cm

Nice fish that! I got my best on a Squidgie shad actually...drifting a runoff channel between two mangrove islands in the Hunter. 79cm. Still yet to crack 80! The Hunter is my favourite flattie spot to be honest, I can remember one time I've fished there without getting a flattie over 50 cm...it has so much flathead friendly water it ain't funny

BWNB

First Grade
Bazal said:
Nice fish that! I got my best on a Squidgie shad actually...drifting a runoff channel between two mangrove islands in the Hunter. 79cm. Still yet to crack 80! The Hunter is my favourite flattie spot to be honest, I can remember one time I've fished there without getting a flattie over 50 cm...it has so much flathead friendly water it ain't funny

Sweet as i cant get them consistantly , but ill tell you one thing. Theres nothing better then going out on the flats on the incomming or falling tide wading , go to the drop off thats where they are.

Bazal

Post Whore
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
Sweet as i cant get them consistantly , but ill tell you one thing. Theres nothing better then going out on the flats on the incomming or falling tide wading , go to the drop off thats where they are.

I reckon...can't go wrong with a light outfit and some plastics just fishing the edges...biggest flattie I've seen landed was caught that way, a 93cm monster on 6 pound line and a two inch plastic:shock: . Old codger who caught it had been razzing me for using the plastics, but after 3 empty hours (in which I landed 4 fish to 60cm) he asked to borrow a couple of em....rigged up and four casts later was in! His best ever at the ripe old age of 71 apparently.

Thomas

First Grade
I'm a huge fan of the Berkley Powerbaits. In fact, I use them about 80% of the time I am using plastics.

A straight tailed lure...3 inches for bream, 4 inches for snapper. I usually buy them in the watermelon/pearl colour which looks sweet in not so clear water. Also had some success on pumpkinseed...especially in the Nerang River on the Gold Coast.

I've also used Bass hogs (which look like some sort of multilegged critter) with good success. The snapper seem to love them.

When I am fishing for bass I usually use a paddle tail or a shad...although have caught bass on most types of soft plastics.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Mate, if your still after some info send me a pm. Be specific on what you want to know though. A person can fish their whole lives but still discover something new every time they wet a line. :)