What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitting in Ponga and Armstrong when everyone's available

PhilGould

Bench
Size is the major concern but small wingers have found a way before. Bigger issue with Armstrong is his lack of footwork to get into the cracks of the defence and create a quick play the ball even if he's not making big metres. His one trick is running straight and fast, and that's only going to end one way for him against a set defensive line.

Armstrong had actually impressed me the last few weeks with his kick return carries. He's not getting dominated running into traffic like I thought he would. He's taken a few tackle 2 and 3 carries too and has been reasonably effective.

If Marz keeps going down hill I could be convinced Dave might not be an awful wing option

I dont doubt he could maybe work his way up to be partially adequate , but a premiership winning winger ? a look at his contemporaries suggests otherwise.

Big robust wingers starting the sets off out of your own end acting like a forward bulldozer appear to be the go.

Latest posts