What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fittler is a sook

bradeel

Juniors
Don't know if any of you have caught any of the post match press conference through Fox Sports News, but I can't believe what a sore loser Fittler is.

Basically gave the Eels no credit whatsoever for their effort in defence and said that the Roosters threw nothing at us today and didn't turn up to play at all. He then said that all the 50-50s went against them which is the biggest load of tripe I've ever heard. Their first 2 tries could easily have been called back and that decision not to award a strip when Wagon lost the ball was certainly a dubious call that went against Parra.

Totally understand that he is disappointed in his team's performance but I reckon he might have paid his opposition a bit of respect and to be fair you'd say that the 50-50s evened out at worst.

scottyeel

Bench
1st try- Roberts bounced the ball.
2nd try- Obvious forward pass.
3rd try- Blatant strip that wasn't given then they scored a couple of tackles later.

Fittler should be thanking the refs we didn't take 20 off their for and against.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The Goosters didn't deserve to win out there today, And Mason was dead set ordinary. Talk about overated.

stuke

Bench
Mason was hardly sighted all day. how can he be in the Kangaroos squad and Hindy isn't.....

jk13

First Grade
hindy showed up mason and tupou for the school girls they r today. surely this is the start of his chance to make the rlwc. fittler better get use to it, u can't buy the premiership that quickly, fri nites game made everyone else look ordinary

Hutchy86

Juniors
The Goosters didn't deserve to win out there today, And Mason was dead set ordinary. Talk about overated.
Late in the 2nd half during the Roosters small resurgence he ran straight and hard at Joel "brick-wall" Reddy & got driven to the ground.
I thoroughly enjoyed that:D

Daneel

Bench
As gutsy as we may have been this game convinced me of one thing. The Roosters are not a threat to the premiership.

Don't know if any of you have caught any of the post match press conference through Fox Sports News, but I can't believe what a sore loser Fittler is.

Basically gave the Eels no credit whatsoever for their effort in defence and said that the Roosters threw nothing at us today and didn't turn up to play at all. He then said that all the 50-50s went against them which is the biggest load of tripe I've ever heard. Their first 2 tries could easily have been called back and that decision not to award a strip when Wagon lost the ball was certainly a dubious call that went against Parra.

Totally understand that he is disappointed in his team's performance but I reckon he might have paid his opposition a bit of respect and to be fair you'd say that the 50-50s evened out at worst.

I think your third paragraph sums things up. You may think there were some dodgy tries but you wouldn't have been in the position you were in if you didn't kill us in the penalties. Fittler has been a gracious loser all year even after some of our dumb losses so he must of really felt we were hard done by. One thing is certain however and that is for the first time in a long while your boys turned up to play. Either put your coach in hospital again or make every game a Jack Gibson cup match. Gibbo would've been proud. Congratulations. This might be a kick start, who knows? As for us, we're just making up the numbers now.

caylo

Bench
I think your third paragraph sums things up. You may think there were some dodgy tries but you wouldn't have been in the position you were in if you didn't kill us in the penalties. Fittler has been a gracious loser all year even after some of our dumb losses so he must of really felt we were hard done by. One thing is certain however and that is for the first time in a long while your boys turned up to play. Either put your coach in hospital again or make every game a Jack Gibson cup match. Gibbo would've been proud. Congratulations. This might be a kick start, who knows? As for us, we're just making up the numbers now.

That is a bit over board you guys are comming 4th, but I'll be brutally honest in that I don't think you guys could compete against Manly and Melbourne in the finals, because your team is to reliant on kicks. I think brisbane is the only other team that can stop a Manly Melbourne greandfinal, or a team like Tigers or Parramatta would have to turn up on that given day.

IMO only the Tigers, Brisbane and Parramatta have the backline to beat Manly or Melbourne, with Parramatta IMO almost requiring a mirical to make it, Tigers would have to win 3 or 4 in a row to meat either Manly or Melbourne and I don't think they can do that. Brisbane has class and experiance all over the park and are the only real threats. Both Sharks and Roosters play a high quality game through the forwards, and would compete but get run down. While they play a style to beat most teams during the year, I don't think the style is variable enough to win the big matchs. They lack the real X-factor, I think throw one of Farah, Marshall, Hayne or Inu into these teams and you immediatly have a premiershipe winning team. IMO a inform Minachello would make the difference between a semi final lose and a Grand Final win !

To say the ref favoured us is complete bullsh*t

To say favored is to imply he cheated or was at least bias. I don't think that was the case and it wasn't meant to belittle Parra's effort. I think the ref just farked up. Our infringements around the ruck (generally) were no worse than yours. It's not meant to be sour grapes but I understand if you think it sounds that way. As I said earlier, your boys really put in today. You must be wondering where that form has been.

Last edited:

Agent Mulder

Bench
f**k THE ROOSTERS! I love beating the pricks, Willie Mason? lol Give me Hindy anyday of the week! See the f**king PASSION from Parra yesterday??? What f**king game was Freddy watching??? His Chooks threw everything at us in the end and couldn't get over the line.

Go Parra.

Gronk

Staff member
Roosters rage
Updated: 05:47, Monday August 11, 2008
The Sydney Roosters are enraged at referee Jared Maxwell's lack of respect for veteran skipper Craig Fitzgibbon as Sunday's tense loss to Parramatta ended in a flurry of accusations.
Beaten 28-24 after copping a 7-3 roasting in the penalties, the Roosters were more upset by Maxwell's treatment of Fitzgibbon after the whistleblower awarded the Eels a penalty early in the second half.
Fitzgibbon approached Maxwell for clarification but was rudely ordered away and given no explanation.
The Roosters had to wait until the 57th minute for their first penalty, another source of anger.
Coach Brad Fittler also thought Maxwell erred in not going to the video referee to check a possible try to Anthony Tupou with three minutes remaining.
He (Maxwell) was pointing his finger at Fitzy - I thought he showed him no respect, Fittler said of the Fitzgibbon-Maxwell blow-up.
Roosters five-eighth Braith Anasta added: It (respect) goes both ways.
You look at (Justin) Hodges getting suspended for a couple of weeks for showing disrespect, I think you can go both ways there.
Fitzy doesn't normally question the referee unless it's deserved or if he feels pretty passionately about the call.
It gets frustrating when you're working your butt off and you're getting some bad calls, but you can#8217;t blame that for the loss.
Asked whether he thought Maxwell should have gone upstairs on the Tupou decision, Fittler replied several times: You'd think so.
Unbelievable.
We got hammered (by the referee). We never got any decisions. We just didn't get a chance. We lost every 50-50 (call).
Add it altogether with our lacklustre energy (and) we deserved to be beaten by more I reckon.
It was disappointing. I just don't think he (Maxwell) did a good job.
But Fittler conceded: We didn't really challenge them that much.
We were just poor today and they were a lot more energetic and desperate.
We've put ourselves in a pretty good position (but) it's hard to imagine you'd do much good in the semi-finals if we come out with that sort of attitude.
The road to the finals doesn't get any easier for the hot and cold Roosters, with the Storm laying in wait at Olympic Park next Monday night.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=208168

From where I was sitting Fitzy rushed up to the ref to stop a quick tap. He did that at least twice on the night. Ran up to the ref when he saw that we were trying to take a quick tap after a penalty.

melon....

Coach
f**k THE ROOSTERS! I love beating the pricks, Willie Mason? lol Give me Hindy anyday of the week! See the f**king PASSION from Parra yesterday??? What f**king game was Freddy watching??? His Chooks threw everything at us in the end and couldn't get over the line.

Go Parra.
Mason's been playing injured since origin. Even finch did his best to lose it for you. But thats no excuse, a good win for the Eels, so congrats. But will you make the finals? :)

Latest posts