What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fitzgibbon..

ozboy

Juniors
And that is exactly the biggest problem with his game, he will make you 50 plus tackles, but at the same time do f#$k all in attack, unlike Hindmarsh who just works overtime in both attack and defence.

Pigskin

Juniors
Fitzgibbon's performance would be more valuable if he was complimented by strong running back-rowers and impact players ... which NSW fail to pick or don't have

I don't care if he made 159 tackles ... little to no impact as always

Oink !

Munky

Coach
ozboy said:
And that is exactly the biggest problem with his game, he will make you 50 plus tackles, but at the same time do f#$k all in attack, unlike Hindmarsh who just works overtime in both attack and defence.

Got the player mixed up there mate.

Hindmarsh does nothing in attack these days while Fitzgibbon has started to play 'only' 70 minutes and it has brought back his attack.

ozboy

Juniors
Munky said:
Got the player mixed up there mate.

Hindmarsh does nothing in attack these days while Fitzgibbon has started to play 'only' 70 minutes and it has brought back his attack.

Hindmarsh and Kennedy were the only two forwards who ever looked like doing anything for the first hour, while all Fitzgibbon could offer were his p1ss weak runs, and the odd off-load.

Lungman3

Juniors
I'd rather the ref play for NSW than Fitzgibbon. sh*t, i'd rather the ref play for NSW than god, as not even god can overcome stupid or biased refereeing!

Tommy Smith

Referee
Hey Ozboy, in the process of making 59 tackles, Fitzy also managed to score a try AND make more metres than Hindmarsh.

Fitzy - 14 hit-ups for 100 metres.
Hnidmarsh - 8 hit-ups for 65 metres.

Im sorry, what were you saying about Hindy doing more in attack?

Fitzy, Hindmarsh and Kenendy were all great for NSW.

Chook

First Grade
Craig Fitzgibbon:

59 Tackles
3 offloads
14 hitups
96 metres
No errors
No penalties conceeded
1 mist tackle

Some of you people need to buy a clue!

Chook.

gregstar

Referee
fitzgibbon was f*cking fantastic!
i posted this in another thread - indulge me........

Tackles
fitzgibbon - 59
hindmarsh - 44
bailey - 41
ryles - 35
buderus - 33

replacements
simpson - 31
ryan - 28

there's the reason nsw didn't make headway in the yardage department - too much defense - when even the replacement players are making sh*tloads of tackles, you're hardly going to punch too many yards out! bailey made 118m, fitzgibbon made 101m & kennedy made 137m (helped by having only to make 15 tackles)

only 2 qld players made over 30 tackles - one made 31 & the other 41.

so you think this is p*ssweak do you?
tell me brainy act - who's kicking game was so bad, that if his kicks weren't being charged down or caught on the full & on the run, they were going touch-in-goal or dead? as a result which team gained easy field position to mount pressure? and subsequently how were the nsw forwards supposed to punch holes when they were exhausted?
quite frankly it shows how good nsw are that they were able to come back from 19-0 down despite being knackered from defence & their halfback having an absolute barry!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
If Fitsy and Hindy made over 100 tackles between them, wtf were the other forwards doing.

Chook

First Grade
NPK said:
Anyone know?
Seriously, his flops always inflate his tackle count.

Well considering he did not conceed a penalty all night, there can't have been too many 3rd man flops?

Chook.

yappy

Bench
I can't believe anyone would want to bag any of NSW's back row. All three were fantastic. No need for changes there.

NPK

Bench
Ok, maybe he doesn't do flops technically, but he often comes in to 'help' his teammates when the tackle is almost already completed, and he gets credited a tackle for it.

Shifty

Juniors
Chook said:
Well considering he did not conceed a penalty all night, there can't have been too many 3rd man flops?

Chook.

Well, it's not likely that he would concede a penalty for it if he did come in for the third man flop repeatedly is it? At least not after Sticky's little pep talk over a few latte's following the send-off of Morley. Simpkins should now clearly know what Sticky expects if he is interested in continuing his career as a referee.;-)

salivor

First Grade
Give me David Stagg anyday, 4th in the NRL for total tackles made and first in the NRL for most one on one tackles. Don't get me wrong Fitzgibbon was fantastic last night but his stats are always inflated by most of the time being the second or third or in some cases even fourth man in.