What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitzy not a first grader????

Snide the Tiger

Juniors
What a load of sh*t!!!!

Where are the Fitzy haters now????

Third in metres - tackles and hit-ups while playing in the centres - plus yet another clean line-break from dummy-half!!!

I keep saying the kid is a quality little footballer when used in the right position - and he keeps f**king proving me right!!!

bonstonker

Juniors
i would still like to know what a fitzy hater is?

i hated fitzy at 5/8,and for the last 10 months couldn't wait to see him back at centre.

does that make me a fitzy hater?

the reason i ask is that most people have wanted fitzy at centre and not 5/8,yet the fitzy hater line keeps coming up. :roll:

don't recall that many people calling fitzy not up to first grade,only as a 5/8,which he kept on proving all of us f**king right.

Snide the Tiger

Juniors
Bon - I am talking about those who call for his head at every opportunity and decry him to not be of first grade standard (of which there are quite a few)!!

I have never been in the Fitzy for 5/8th camp as you are aware - but I am sick of those people who want him sacked back to reggies just because he does not play at his best when picked in the no. 6!

He is a valuable asset within our 17 - that is my point!!

Last week people were calling him the worst defender in the NRL and questioning his credentials as centre - just as much as they have at 5/8th and hooker (where he also proved a success!!)

So don't get a persecution complex brother - the term does not apply to you!!!

simon says

First Grade
I have to admit,he went pretty well yesterday.He is normally a crap defender but you cant ask any for more of him yesterday.

I think we need to get him the ball for the 5th tackle kicks close to the line,he is the best we have for sure.

And good onya Snide......you certainly made all us Fitzy haters(I just love that term) look stupid....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tigerpete

Juniors
yeah these fitzy haters annoy me. I think he's got himself playing where he should be now. He's not really an effective half and as we saw yesterday having a little wider is a lot wiser. Only trouble now is that with Prince seeming certain for SOO it seems he'll be moving back into the number 6 for a few more weeks.

innsaneink

Referee
Watching on TV I thought he had a quietish game...apart from the obvious terrific break he made.
Stats are one thing and just looking at NRL.COMs stats there they say he made 0 line breaks so they aint too reliable.
He went OK...did what he was supposed too only that stuff up which lead to a try but I believe was Benjis fault more than his. ...no errors which is the problem when hes at 5/8.....its critical at 5/8 as it stifles the limited attck we already have....thats why his poor 5/8 play is so evident.
Hes been good at hooker...best Ive seen him there IMO...not too flash on the wing.

innsaneink

Referee
Watching on TV I thought he had a quietish game...apart from the obvious terrific break he made.
Stats are one thing and just looking at NRL.COMs stats there they say he made 0 line breaks so they aint too reliable.
He went OK...did what he was supposed too only that stuff up which lead to a try but I believe was Benjis fault more than his. ...no errors which is the problem when hes at 5/8.....its critical at 5/8 as it stifles the limited attck we already have....thats why his poor 5/8 play is so evident.
Hes been good at hooker...best Ive seen him there IMO...not too flash on the wing.

innsaneink

Referee

Gobbso

Juniors
I just don't understand why Sheens persisted in playing him out of position at 5/8th. Obviously Sheens was of the belief that he was the most suited play to fill in while Marshall and Reynolds were injured. I guess you can't argue with the boss. He's always been a brilliant ball runner. Centre is where he has and will continue to play his best football. Leave him there.

bonstonker

Juniors
Snide the Tiger said:
Bon - I am talking about those who call for his head at every opportunity and decry him to not be of first grade standard (of which there are quite a few)!!

I have never been in the Fitzy for 5/8th camp as you are aware - but I am sick of those people who want him sacked back to reggies just because he does not play at his best when picked in the no. 6!

He is a valuable asset within our 17 - that is my point!!

Last week people were calling him the worst defender in the NRL and questioning his credentials as centre - just as much as they have at 5/8th and hooker (where he also proved a success!!)

So don't get a persecution complex brother - the term does not apply to you!!!

fair enough mate.
and thanks for the answer,i have asked the question before and haven't been given a clear answer.

with prince gone and fitzy likely to fill in the halves,i'm sure they will be out sharpening the knives for this weekend.
hopefully they won't get the chance to use them

White Tiger

Juniors
He played well yesterday!!

I only ask he works on one thing though getting the ball to his outside man.

On a couple of occassions i thought he could of passed to Luke but decided to step back infield.

He probably will need a few more weeks in the position to fully remove all his 5/8 demons though.

He definently is an asset to the team and centre is his position. :D

Dale.2.

Juniors
I was talking to Simon today,i said i wasnt impressed with Fitzy at centre,he called me a Fitzy hater.

How the world turns lol.

innsaneink

Referee
with prince gone and fitzy likely to fill in the halves,i'm sure they will be out sharpening the knives for this weekend.
hopefully they won't get the chance to use them

If he plays well at 5/8, in the 7, centers, hooker or standing on his head, I'll give him a rap if IMO he deserves one.
But, and he aint alone, if he plays like an "L" Plater in a manual with clutch trouble, be it 5/8 , centre, half, or hooker and he deserves a roast then whats the prob?

bonstonker

Juniors
the problem is that this point has been made a million times already.
we all know he is a fill in 5/8,so i don't see the point in us harping on about it every week.

i've made my stance clear on fitzy especially during the trials when he was starting as the no.1 5/8.fitzy was worth the debate then, because there was doubt about who would get first crack at 5/8.
but now that he is no longer the first choice at 5/8 and is obviously the fill in,i don't see the point in starting a thread about him each week even if he did have a bad game this weekend in the halves.

and i do hope he is kicking when we are inside the 20,because our halves on the weekend were terrible in the kicking department.
i saw alot better from fitzy last year than what i have seen this year from the more recognized kickers.

Latest posts